Jump to content

With His Doubters in the Rearview, Stetson Bennett Returns for More Postseason Glory.


SacFalcFan
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 8/28/2022 at 7:44 PM, Ovie_Lover said:

Brock is meh to me. I hope we see Gunner. But I’d also love to be proven wrong. I just want a top rated guy to finally do something here so we can get top Qb talent

Eason 5*, fromme 5*, fields 5*, daniels 5*, beck, vdg, stockton I beleve all 5*. I don't think getting talent is a problem (even if 1-2 of the above were 4*). You play your winning hand and not what may fall. Stetson is the best qb on the roster last year and this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/30/2022 at 4:13 PM, SacFalcFan said:

What the heck does that mean?  If you are a bama fan go and cheer for them.  What saban does or doesn't do means jack.  Again you have zero facts other than your hate for Stetson.  Nothing above even directly is a response to my post.. What I said was 100% correct.. You can move on and agree to disagree or just continue to show how much a UGA fan you are to hate on stetson because you are still angry and upset over fields.  Get over it. 

Yep, saban is so great that he had no answer for losing his top two wr's. Why isn't he developing backups that can play competently? Oh, I know, padding qb stats against teams like new mexico state, utah state, and such. Please haters let uga be uga, stop making excuses, and prepare to recieve your butt whoopin from a walk-on qb.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/30/2022 at 4:22 PM, Ovie_Lover said:

When the defense takes a step back this year and we lose 2 games how are you gonna feel?

Our starting defense played <45% of snaps last year. Who do you think played the other 55%? Take a step back, to what? Allowing 12ppg instead of 10.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/30/2022 at 4:31 PM, Ovie_Lover said:

We have 1 title off the back of a legendary defense we will be lucky to ever see again.

2019..12ppg, 2020..covid year, 2021..10ppg

Looks like a pattern that smart is developing.

Oh and the offense, led by that lucky inept qb avg 38.5ppg. That was against 5 teams ranked in top 15 and 2 playoff teams.

Edited by Williamb
Addition
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/4/2022 at 8:51 AM, tl;dr said:

It changed after that fumble in the natty last year.

Don’t wanna make a crazy comp, but it reminded me of a big hit Burrow took against UCF in 2018. He got smacked and then was a different guy after that 

I disagree somewhat on that.  I think the SEC Title game last year was where things changed for Stetson.  He had a very good year up to that point.  He was #3 in QBR and #4 in qb efficiency.  He was doing great last year and that without any 1st time snaps in the preseason.  Stetson had over 300 yards and a handful of scores against bama in the sec title game, but made a number of mistakes that led to the defeat.  I thought after that game there was noooo way we would beat Alabama and even questioned whether we could beat Michigan with Stetson leading the way.  Starting with the CFP game, in UGA’s last 3 games vs michigan, bama and oregon, Stetson has completed 62 of 87 passes (71%) for 905 yards, 8 TD’s, 0 interceptions and has also run for a TD.  I think that sec title loss was a huge thing for Stetson and all of our guys including our coaches.  I do agree that fumble really showed us the leader and champion Stetson is.  After that call and we went down all he did was go 3-3 on the next drive with a huge td throw to mitchell and then another great throw to bowers for another td.  Stetson was determined to not let that play be right we lost that game and he succeeded along with the team in winning it.  What we are seeing this year are a few things:  Stetson for the first time went into the season as the starter and got all of the 1st team reps in the spring and summer/fall camp.  Stetson also has a healthier group of wrs and possibly the best in the entire SEC (last year we had to start jaylen johnson walkon at qb against clemson due to injuries).  The oline also may be the best in the conference.  We are loaded and Stetson is so very comfortable in the system and he shows his confidence in his teammates.  What I love most about Stetson is he is very mobile and yet doesn't run, but continues to survey the field and find the open guy.  Stetson is just freaking amazing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/4/2022 at 11:40 AM, Williamb said:

Eason 5*, fromme 5*, fields 5*, daniels 5*, beck, vdg, stockton I beleve all 5*. I don't think getting talent is a problem (even if 1-2 of the above were 4*). You play your winning hand and not what may fall. Stetson is the best qb on the roster last year and this year.

agreed.. people get stuck on recruiting rankings as if they mean something which they don't.. if you can't call an audible or read a defense I don't care if you have a 10 star qb you are worthless.  You can't run the system in Athens if you can't do what is required to be a qb.  In some systems you don't have to do any of that.   Stetson has shown he is the best on campus right now and was last year.  Next year will be very interesting with no stetson.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/4/2022 at 11:49 AM, Williamb said:

Yep, saban is so great that he had no answer for losing his top two wr's. Why isn't he developing backups that can play competently? Oh, I know, padding qb stats against teams like new mexico state, utah state, and such. Please haters let uga be uga, stop making excuses, and prepare to recieve your butt whoopin from a walk-on qb.

that was the issue last year with saban.. he got young the heisman by padding his stats and playing his 2 starters a lot more and not rotating much with the backups.  well when you get injuries it hurts you and we saw that.. saban made his own issues with focusing on getting a heisman for young, but he can use that for recruiting despite not having backups who are ready go to play due to how he handled the rotations.. That is one issue at UGA which hurts us in wr recruiting.  UGA rotates a ton at all spots.  We rotate at rb, wr, dline, lb, cb, safety, and even oline a lot more than other teams.  Now the good thing is we give our backups quality playing time, but it does hurt us with individual stats for players.  It does help with depth so when we do lose a pickens for instance to an acl tear we have other guys step up who get snaps and develop.  We are seeing that with this year's wrs and defense.. People forget the starters this year played a lot last year.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

that was the issue last year with saban.. he got young the heisman by padding his stats and playing his 2 starters a lot more and not rotating much with the backups.  well when you get injuries it hurts you and we saw that.. saban made his own issues with focusing on getting a heisman for young, but he can use that for recruiting despite not having backups who are ready go to play due to how he handled the rotations.. That is one issue at UGA which hurts us in wr recruiting.  UGA rotates a ton at all spots.  We rotate at rb, wr, dline, lb, cb, safety, and even oline a lot more than other teams.  Now the good thing is we give our backups quality playing time, but it does hurt us with individual stats for players.  It does help with depth so when we do lose a pickens for instance to an acl tear we have other guys step up who get snaps and develop.  We are seeing that with this year's wrs and defense.. People forget the starters this year played a lot last year.  

People forget that the elite defense last year only played 45% of all snaps. 55% was played by the ones on the field now. Well stated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

I disagree somewhat on that.  I think the SEC Title game last year was where things changed for Stetson.  He had a very good year up to that point.  He was #3 in QBR and #4 in qb efficiency.  He was doing great last year and that without any 1st time snaps in the preseason.  Stetson had over 300 yards and a handful of scores against bama in the sec title game, but made a number of mistakes that led to the defeat.  I thought after that game there was noooo way we would beat Alabama and even questioned whether we could beat Michigan with Stetson leading the way.  Starting with the CFP game, in UGA’s last 3 games vs michigan, bama and oregon, Stetson has completed 62 of 87 passes (71%) for 905 yards, 8 TD’s, 0 interceptions and has also run for a TD.  I think that sec title loss was a huge thing for Stetson and all of our guys including our coaches.  I do agree that fumble really showed us the leader and champion Stetson is.  After that call and we went down all he did was go 3-3 on the next drive with a huge td throw to mitchell and then another great throw to bowers for another td.  Stetson was determined to not let that play be right we lost that game and he succeeded along with the team in winning it.  What we are seeing this year are a few things:  Stetson for the first time went into the season as the starter and got all of the 1st team reps in the spring and summer/fall camp.  Stetson also has a healthier group of wrs and possibly the best in the entire SEC (last year we had to start jaylen johnson walkon at qb against clemson due to injuries).  The oline also may be the best in the conference.  We are loaded and Stetson is so very comfortable in the system and he shows his confidence in his teammates.  What I love most about Stetson is he is very mobile and yet doesn't run, but continues to survey the field and find the open guy.  Stetson is just freaking amazing. 

You forgot that monken has designed this offense around stetsons positives. Monken is the evil genious behind it all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...