Top Billin' on Drake London

Just now, JDaveG said:

I actually agree on this. I don’t know that Ridder is better. But I sure don’t know that Fields is. I’m good with what Top Billin’ said. 

I hold that opinion of every QB until he proves different. You may be right. All I know is that when Fields was in college and had a good cast around him, he played well. Expecting him to make something of the mess he was drafted into is a bit disingenuous, IMO. And then, Da Bears might have a worse team (with a new coach and scheme, no less) in his second year.

The reason why I'm never going to advocate tanking for a QB is because it's a crap shoot and getting the wrong guy in the wrong situation will set you back half a decade. Last year, I was in the camp that said to build the team first and then put a QB in a situation when he can succeed instead of drafting a kid and expecting him to make lemonade out of rotten limes.

3 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I hold that opinion of every QB until he proves different. You may be right. All I know is that when Fields was in college and had a good cast around him, he played well. Expecting him to make something of the mess he was drafted into is a bit disingenuous, IMO. And then, Da Bears might have a worse team (with a new coach and scheme, no less) in his second year.

The reason why I'm never going to advocate tanking for a QB is because it's a crap shoot and getting the wrong guy in the wrong situation will set you back half a decade. Last year, I was in the camp that said to build the team first and then put a QB in a situation when he can succeed instead of drafting a kid and expecting him to make lemonade out of rotten limes.

I’m not bagging on Fields so much as pointing out that Ridder, too, played well in college. Really well. And I don’t see physical tools in Fields that Ridder lacks save for maybe a touch of arm strength. I think they’re comparable talents. 

16 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I’m not bagging on Fields so much as pointing out that Ridder, too, played well in college. Really well. And I don’t see physical tools in Fields that Ridder lacks save for maybe a touch of arm strength. I think they’re comparable talents. 

Fair enough. With that being said, I'm so glad we drafted Pitts over any of the ballyhooed (and overhyped?) QBs in last year's draft. It was silly to think we'd be competitive with a young guy before 2023. And this offseason, we'd have a huge QB controversy between the Kid* and Ryan and it would likely divide an always fractured fanbase even more.

* Whichever kid it might be.

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

Bu,bu,bu, but I read on TATFs that London can’t get separation. We’ve seen enough, we can now conclude this 2022 draft was a worse disappointment than the 2021 draft was.

You're presenting training camp highlights and a YouTube video as an argument against that position? 

1 hour ago, JayOzOne said:

Fair enough. With that being said, I'm so glad we drafted Pitts over any of the ballyhooed (and overhyped?) QBs in last year's draft. It was silly to think we'd be competitive with a young guy before 2023. And this offseason, we'd have a huge QB controversy between the Kid* and Ryan and it would likely divide an always fractured fanbase even more.

I support this comment whole heartedly.

2 hours ago, gazoo said:

Bu,bu,bu, but I read on TATFs that London can’t get separation. We’ve seen enough, we can now conclude this 2022 draft was a worse disappointment than the 2021 draft was.

But gazoo, we got the #1 qb....we're good man.

11 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

i agree with that its the smartest thing you can do. look at TL it doesnt matter how good you are when you have barely any talent its hard to succeed. i was fine with taking trey lance cuz i knew out of all the qbs that year he was the one who could sit until the team was full of talent but im glad we got pitts 

Edited by kenn.junior

10 hours ago, Moist Words said:

You're presenting training camp highlights and a YouTube video as an argument against that position? 

for what other fanbase was saying including ours he could never get separation period against anyone thats what people said right

12 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

I agree. I don't always agree with Murf but he nailed it when he said last year that a good GM will build a WHOLE TEAM for a young QB to be inserted into. This seems to be the most effective approach in football.

On a side note, I think Mariota and Ridder are both "manage and hope QB progressions"...; you hope Mariota can manage and progress the position/team to setup Ridder (and you hope Ridder can manage and progress the position/team to setup the eventual franchise future). Don't get me wrong, i think Ridder can be extremely good but I just don't think he is going to be top 8-10 QB good. 

I hope I am wrong though.

10 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

He’s on the Bears!  Just pointing it out. That’s the best way to get to ATL. 

Seriously, I've said before that one of those guys drafted in the 1st last season might end up being our QB of the future if Ridder and Mariota aren't.  Fontenot and Smith both said they scout QBs even if they don't plan to draft one (speaking specifically of Lawrence) because "you never know where these guys will be in 4 or 5 years."  

I would not be shocked AT ALL to see Fields or Lawrence in a Falcons uniform down the line.  I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't either, obviously, but I could easily see it happening.

10 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

He’s on the Bears!  Just pointing it out. That’s the best way to get to ATL. 

Honestly, I think we talked about that very same scenario last year.  More than likely, one of the over hyped kids from last season's draft will be available, and their team will move on with another shot in the dark.  Fields could easily come to Atlanta.  But I honestly think Ridder will get it done.

11 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Seriously, I've said before that one of those guys drafted in the 1st last season might end up being our QB of the future if Ridder and Mariota aren't.  Fontenot and Smith both said they scout QBs even if they don't plan to draft one (speaking specifically of Lawrence) because "you never know where these guys will be in 4 or 5 years."  

I would not be shocked AT ALL to see Fields or Lawrence in a Falcons uniform down the line.  I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't either, obviously, but I could easily see it happening.

Absolutely in every facet.

26 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Honestly, I think we talked about that very same scenario last year.  More than likely, one of the over hyped kids from last season's draft will be available, and their team will move on with another shot in the dark.  Fields could easily come to Atlanta.  But I honestly think Ridder will get it done.

I like Ridder and think he has a legit shot as our next long term guy. 

I’m just pointing out the Bears roster is a tryout for the Falcons.