Since it’s been a Bear-y offseason

10 minutes ago, Aluminafalcon said:

We are already overpaying a line backer why would we get into heavy contract with a different one. Have faith let’s see how mykal and Troy develop and if it doesn’t show promise then you go shopping. We are not a mlb away from making the playoffs.

If the Falcons couldn't afford Foye, they dam sure cant afford Roquan Smith.

As a matter of fact, its going to cost a lot more than Foye because they would have to give up at least a 3d round pick plus a new contract to trade for him. 

But with that being said, I would love to have Roquan. 

3 minutes ago, Aluminafalcon said:

We are already overpaying a line backer why would we get into heavy contract with a different one. Have faith let’s see how mykal and Troy develop and if it doesn’t show promise then you go shopping. We are not a mlb away from making the playoffs.

I’m so glad someone understands what I’m thinking.  I’d rather let Debo play out his contract and use that money next year to fill out the team with quality players across the board 

Can’t  pocket watch Debo and then overpay another LB

Edited by GrimeyKidd

7 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

As a matter of fact, its going to cost a lot more than Foye because they would have to give up at least a 3d round pick plus a new contract to trade for him. 

Which would make no sense seeing how this team needs to stockpile talent via rookie scale contracts 

10 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

But with that being said, I would love to have Roquan. 

We couldn’t afford Foye because we were in the last year of cap **** thanks to our meddlesome owner and steakhead bicycle enthusiast former GM. Next year we have like a zillion dollars in cap space for the first time in my adult life. 

Dean Pees would coach till he’s 80 with a guy like that on the roster. 

I think Andersen is going to be a starter for 12 years for us, but at present we run a 3-4 multiple front, and we’re counting on a washed up and hurt Debo, Evans on a one year prove it deal, a promising but still mostly untested Walker, and the former Bears guy. We have solid depth at the two MLB spots, but no stars (pending the anticipated blooming of Andersen). 

1 minute ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

We couldn’t afford Foye because we were in the last year of cap **** thanks to our meddlesome owner and steakhead bicycle enthusiast former GM. Next year we have like a zillion dollars in cap space for the first time in my adult life. 

I think Andersen is going to be a starter for 12 years for us, but at present we run a 3-4 multiple front, and we’re counting on a washed up and hurt Debo, Evans on a one year prove it deal, a promising but still mostly untested Walker, and the former Bears guy. We have solid depth at the two MLB spots, but no stars (pending the anticipated blooming of Andersen). 

With the falcons getting into this situation overpaying players on an incomplete team hopefully they don’t do that again. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

It’s no doubt he would help us tremendously, just don’t see how it happens 

3 minutes ago, Diesel_Bird said:

It’s no doubt he would help us tremendously, just don’t see how it happens 

Well, that part of it is up to the bean counters if the team decides they want him. Best just to leave it to them and do what we fans do best. Hope and dream! 😄

2 minutes ago, Komic said:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1556984729148301312?s=20&t=Q20Jgv2Uvy3u6NXM8woJ-g

I saw he's a current bear and he grew up in Georgia so I know Ryan Pace is on the phone.

I have no knowledge of Smith's abilities nor any desire to change our current linebacker room but the jokes write themselves.

@mods We are the Atlanta Bears, this is related.

Just now, Komic said:

I scanned for post mentioning Smith and didn't see any and now my post about this has to be deleted lol. 

The first thing I thought of when I saw this too was us 

👀

7 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Hey if they can pull it off I'm all for it - dude is a tone setter, I just cant see it given the way the FO has been operating. But I get why they have been operating that way. 

8 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

With the falcons getting into this situation overpaying players on an incomplete team hopefully they don’t do that again. 

The Falcons need talent, it's not overpaying when the player is worth it. We can't always penny pinch. Getting an All-Pro Backer with our secondary will elevate this defense.

Now is it going to happen? Nope. But one can dream.

3 minutes ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

Because he want's an All Pro on the team?

Because he's putting pressure on them to replace one of our current starters with this player and giving them something to respond to in the media when that's not something he should be doing?

Edited by Komic

4 minutes ago, Komic said:

I got a feeling that CP is going to get on the staffs bad side eventually with all his shenanigans

Meh, I don't think they pay any attention to that stuff.  If they spent their time monitoring the roster for their social media posts, good bad or ugly, they'd never get anything done.