Marcus Mariota Running Like Someone Strapped A Jetpack To His Back! ⚡️💨💨💨

• TheRisen999 changed the title to Marcus Mariot Looking Like Someone Strapped A Jetpack To His Back! ⚡️💨💨💨
  • TheRisen999 changed the title to Marcus Mariot Running Like Someone Strapped A Jetpack To His Back! ⚡️💨💨💨

1,600 NFL rushing yards. 

13 NFL rushing TD. 

And here’s the part I think the ATL will really benefit from, 101 NFL rushing 1st downs. 

All this in 5 season, 4 as starter.  

Instead of dogging because he’s not the future HoF passer that Ryan is, think about how he can be utilized in different ways.

He’s also a good passer. Just saying. It’s a huge change but we’ll be ok. 

1 hour ago, Killing Floor said:

1,600 NFL rushing yards. 

13 NFL rushing TD. 

And here’s the part I think the ATL will really benefit from, 101 NFL rushing 1st downs. 

All this in 5 season, 4 as starter.  

Instead of dogging because he’s not the future HoF passer that Ryan is, think about how he can be utilized in different ways.

He’s also a good passer. Just saying. It’s a huge change but we’ll be ok. 

Not gonna lie the aggressive down talking on Mariota around here bothers me. 

Almost like some fans are hoping he doesn't achieve anything solely because he is replacing Matt.

5 minutes ago, Komic said:

Almost like some fans are hoping he doesn't achieve anything solely because he is replacing Matt.

I'm admittedly bitter about how MR2 was treated at the end, and have said a few times that the Falcons could easily go a decade without his equal on the roster.  Neither current QB is likely to come close.

But they don't have to be as good for the Falcons to win games the way the team is being built and no way in **** would I root against either of them!

10 minutes ago, Komic said:

There was aggressive down talking on Ryan too. Any QB will get it, that's the NFL for you.

56 minutes ago, Komic said:

+

Matt Ryan is the best Falcons player all time. No need to gloss that over. But he’s gone and nobody is OK with how that went down except maybe Matt Ryan because he looks really happy. 

But c’mon, we have a good vet and a good drafted rookie and we’re going to win more than anyone thinks. 

If it takes a decent year with MM to give Ridder a chance to grow his sea legs that’s cool with me. 

Wish Matt the best. Hate the way it happened if you want. But don’t root against your team. 

There are plenty of player picks we kick the tires on who may not be great. But MM got Pro Bowl votes. We could have done a whole lot worse. 

Go Falcons. Say it with me. 

Edited by Killing Floor

4 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

+

Matt Ryan is the best Falcons player all time. No need to gloss that over. But he’s gone and nobody is OK with how that went down except maybe Matt Ryan because he looks really happy

But c’mon, we have a good vet and a good drafted rookie and we’re going to win more than anyone thinks. 

If it takes a decent year with MM to give Ridder a chance to grow his sea legs that’s cool with me. 

Wish Matt the best. Hate the way it happened if you want. But don’t root against your team. 

There are plenty of player picks we kick the tires on who may not be great. But MM got Pro Bowl votes. We could have done a whole lot worse. 

Go Falcons. Say it with me. 

Him, most Colts fans and the coaching staff.  According to a poll on their message board, our counterparts expect him to throw for 4k+ and have 30 TDs - in a run-first offense.

59 minutes ago, Komic said:

Almost like some fans are hoping he doesn't achieve anything solely because he is replacing Matt

Anybody hate Koo for replacing Bryant?  I think the handling of the “episode” was sorry. It’s goofy to hate on the next man up. It’s not Mariota’s fault we burned Ryan. And if we’re honest there’s a decent chance we were going to draft a QB to groom. So all that happened is Ryan gets a fresh start on a hungry team. Be happy for him at least. 

Fans are weird. I should know haha!

56 minutes ago, Komic said:

I'm a Ryan fan, and don’t like that he is not with the team anymore. However, I’ve been on Mariota’s team since he arrived; I want all the Falcons players to do well. I have my doubts about MM being able to play at a higher level, but I’m certainly pulling for him to do it, and I think he just might. I think many around here just want to see Ridder play rergardless if he is the better choice because these same people think we’ve seen all that Mariota has to offer, and they hope Ridder is that new dynamic Russell Wilson type player; Ridder could be that guy, but we’d likely hear more about him challenging Mariota for QB1 instead of Mariota already being proclaimed as QB1. If Mariota is to improve he’s going to have to throw the ball more, and throw it well.

1 hour ago, Komic said:

I hope he proves all of his critics wrong.  But it's fair criticism.  There's a reason he's only getting $9m per season.  Jameis Winston got $14m per season after setting the NFL interception record.  Rodgers just got $50m per season.  Ryan received a $30m per year deal 4 seasons ago.  The going rate for a mediocre starting QB is a LOT more than what we paid Mariota, and there are very valid reasons for it.

I would be happier than anybody if he comes in and turns his career around.  I also think if he can stay healthy, he could be a bargain at $9m.  But our expectations shouldn't be high and it's silly to act like the criticism isn't fair.  If it wasn't, somebody would've paid him a lot more money.

• TheRisen999 changed the title to Marcus Mariota Running Like Someone Strapped A Jetpack To His Back! ⚡️💨💨💨