Atlanta Falcons - The New Era

3 hours ago, WeShallSeeFalcons said:

Everyone laughs at me when I say the Falcons are going to be a Team nobody wants to face this season. I honestly believe that I am going to get the last laugh. This is the NFL, there is a reason you play the games and you don't know what you've got until they play those games.

Bingo! These bois aren’t laying down for anyone and they aren’t thinking upset wins.. they believe they’re supposed to win and that’s what I like to hear!

4 hours ago, WeShallSeeFalcons said:

Everyone laughs at me when I say the Falcons are going to be a Team nobody wants to face this season. I honestly believe that I am going to get the last laugh. This is the NFL, there is a reason you play the games and you don't know what you've got until they play those games.

I know that I wear my rose colored glasses at the beginning of every season but I have a distinct feeling this year is going to be different.

17 hours ago, WeShallSeeFalcons said:

Not sure about this coming season, but you can make that a money back guarantee next year and moving forward, as long as this staff keeps to the same script! 

Fonte is building a very big and nasty team and Smith/Pees are giving them that attitude.

Probably not going to see much improvement early on, but maybe by end of season we'll see them gel, and perhaps spoil a couple other teams' playoff hopes. 

But I'm down for next season, for sure.  

(Regardless, about 5 days and 12 hours from now, you know 70% of this board will be screaming for Font's and Smith's heads on a platter, and demanding that half the roster be cut immediately 😝)  

17 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Probably not going to see much improvement early on, but maybe by end of season we'll see them gel, and perhaps spoil a couple other teams' playoff hopes. 

But I'm down for next season, for sure.  

(Regardless, about 5 days and 12 hours from now, you know 70% of this board will be screaming for Font's and Smith's heads on a platter, and demanding that half the roster be cut immediately 😝)  

OR…. They will be calling them geniuses because they blew somebody out in a preseason game. 

I am putting my money on that there will be NO middle ground on this. 

1 hour ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

OR…. They will be calling them geniuses because they blew somebody out in a preseason game. 

I am putting my money on that there will be NO middle ground on this. 

I never even considered the possibility of us blowing someone out in a preseason game.

Shows you how long I've been a fan.  

21 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I never even considered the possibility of us blowing someone out in a preseason game.

Shows you how long I've been a fan.  

6 minutes ago, Mr.Blank said:

Lol, was about to post that I didn’t think we ever blew anyone out in a preseason game

Which is why there won’t be any middle ground! Lmao!!!!

At this point, just winning the game would bring out those types of “best coach ever” post. 

Dont care if its unpopular, but this video just confirms how TERRIBLE Wes Durham is.   MAtt loops it, CAUGHT! ... over and over. No details, no distance or anything. He's just calling it like a WWE commentator. A bunch of noise and hype sounds with zero details. Arg it angers me so!

Glass half full or half empty? both positions are true, one is looking at the positive, the other at the negative. So given the choices, why wouldn’t I select light over darkness, enthusiasm over doubt, happiness over depression, excitement over disillusionment ?  

While many fans are jaded from our past, I simply am not one to lose faith, I am an optimist. Faith requires courage, it is easy to give up and become jaded and pessimistic.

That’s not to say either side is being unrealistic. There are reasons to believe we could win only 5 or 6 games. But there are reasons to believe we could win 8 or 9 as well. Personally, I’m staying out of predictions for wins and losses this year, which is also a realistic approach, I’m focused on how so many of these young players develop individually and how they come together as a team in second half of season. I see good things happening, an optimistic yet also realistic perspective.