Falcons Day 8 Recap

6 minutes ago, very old bird said:

Why has there not been any posts on TATF from fans who are attending camp?

They are being sequestered and sworn to secrecy for all of the trick plays and great surprises that the team has in store for us this year. 

3 minutes ago, Diesel_Bird said:

Hope the qbs figure it out. Don’t really like those numbers in training camp while they’re not even allowed to get hit 

If we can put together a decent running game, these far bigger, taller, more physical receivers should be able to take tons of pressure off the OL from what we had last year.

Last year defenses just pinned their ears back and attacked off the snap. This year, a short pass on a slant of crossing route with these receivers, or a RB hitting a small hole could cost them big if they just tee off on the QB each snap.  I also see less passing situations, further making it harder for defenses to tee off.

5 minutes ago, gazoo said:

If we can put together a decent running game, these far bigger, taller, more physical receivers should be able to take tons of pressure off the OL from what we had last year.

Last year defenses just pinned their ears back and attacked off the snap. This year, a short pass on a slant of crossing route with these receivers, or a RB hitting a small hole could cost them big if they just tee off on the QB each snap.  I also see less passing situations, further making it harder for defenses to tee off.

Possibly, but this team/staff had major issue with wide outs getting off the line with press coverage. 

We need some kind of running game between tackles. Opposing D needs to add nothing in that area. Clamps down on quick hitters with safety help. Frankly it was the weakest part of a close to dormant running game last year.

33 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Possibly, but this team/staff had major issue with wide outs getting off the line with press coverage. 

Yes, definitely need to be able to run the ball up the A Gaps.

As far as receivers getting caught up in press,  we didn’t have the big, strong, physical receivers last year. We had Pitts as only bigger guy and they just focused on him. This year it doesn’t matter if  they focus on Pitts, London or Edwards would likely have favorable single coverage where it’s easy to get them the ball on slants and crossing routes, even if smaller, weaker defender has tight coverage. 

55 minutes ago, Diesel_Bird said:

Hope the qbs figure it out. Don’t really like those numbers in training camp while they’re not even allowed to get hit 

Now is where they need to perfect timing and seeing where they can and can not place the ball with certain guys. 

it’s not like Dave ragone is making endzone interceptions like the great Shanny. 

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

But a much better OL and running game will open the WRs up.. That's what I'm happy about..... To me , this is the best off season ever for our draft and FAs picked up.. Nothing even close have we ever picked up so much True Talent in the draft and FAs.  :golfclap:

6 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

But a much better OL and running game will open the WRs up.. That's what I'm happy about..... To me , this is the best off season ever for our draft and FAs picked up.. Nothing even close have we ever picked up so much True Talent in the draft and FAs.  :golfclap:

I know its based on just predictions but I also feel like this new class is special. Not better than the rebuild of 2008, but this one feels close.

The energy just looks different in interviews and practices

Edited by Komic

1 minute ago, Komic said:

I know its based on just predictions but I also feel like this new class is special. Not better than the rebuild of 2008, but this one feels close.

The energy just looks different in interviews and practices

I think this rebuild is the best one the Falcons have  ever had... Period... I think fans will see it even in the first game. But after about 3 games I think it will hit these players minds.. They will be saying ,, we have something real special here in Atlanta.. I do think our team is going to shake the NFL world into believers.

35 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Now is where they need to perfect timing and seeing where they can and can not place the ball with certain guys. 

it’s not like Dave ragone is making endzone interceptions like the great Shanny. 

Agreed. Some practices on other teams the ball rarely even touches the ground. I know everyone’s new and has some work to do I get it