Marlon Davidson Watch 2022- Marlon, where are ya?

It’s time for Marlon to show up. We’ve waited long enough, I don’t care if he has COVID yet again. We need tangible evidence you have what it takes to help this team in your 3rd season. I understand some DL don’t show up until year 3, but we need to start seeing that manifest.

You a have plausible reasons for not breaking out yet, I’m not worried about the past. I am worried I’m not hearing anything out of camp right now about you. It’s time.

Has anyone heard or seen anything remarkable at this point? When I do hear anything I’ll post it on this thread.

21 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Marlon was one of those kids coming out that many of my Auburn friends called "Almost Marlon".  He almost got the tackle, almost got the sack, almost developed, etc.  Has the potential for greatness, but something is missing from him.

So he's the Takk McKinley of DTs?  lol

He's been a monumental disappointment thusfar...I had high hopes for him :( 

33 minutes ago, belmont4213 said:

I wish D-Led would ask Smith or Pees how he’s doing in camp, but asking a useful question is too much to ask

Do you think that Smith is a guy who would criticise his player if he’s not fulfilling the team’s expectations? I think most coaches wouldn’t answer such a question in a satisfying manner, but I haven’t seen enough of Smith to know, if he gives insightful answers or not. 

Just now, dirtybirds233 said:

I hate to do '2.0s' but.....Shede Hageman 2.0. Tons of promise, lots of fan hype, then poof, you never hear about them again. 

Shede at least started putting it together before he got into his off-field problems.  Marlon has done next to nothing (he did pick 6 Brady which owned but I seriously cannot think of anything else he has ever done lol)

I wouldn't expect Arthur Smith to say anything about a player who is struggling. Smith seems like a dude who's gonna opt to speak with his actions, not his words to the media, fans, etc. He's not gonna call out guys like Marlon, Mayfield, etc. He's simply going to give the chance to play considerable snaps to the next dude in line that shows more than they have thus far.

It really does zero good to publicly call out a player who isn't living up to expectations. Just makes the other players think you're an a-hole & is a good way to lose your locker room.

The depth chart & snap counts are how Smith & Pees speak about a player's ability/worth, and that's just fine by me.

21 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

Man I was just thinking the same thing. Haven't heard a word about Marlon all training camp.

We could really really use him turning the corner.

They just did an entire story on him.

Here ya go Fam.

'Doing what God brought me here to do, and that's to play football:' Why Marlon Davidson is ready for Year 3

Finally feeling fully healthy, Auburn product 'went back to the dungeon' to prep for a big year

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. – Marlon Davidson's early NFL career has had its share of setbacks.

The former Auburn standout suffered from an ankle injury and COVID-19 during his first two seasons in the league, making it harder to realize vast potential. This will be a big year for Davidson to display his strength and versatility on the defensive front alongside Grady Jarrett and Anthony Rush, and he knows it.

That's why he pushed so hard to get ready for Year 3.

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. – Marlon Davidson's early NFL career has had its share of setbacks.

During the offseason, Davidson focused a lot on shredding body weight, toning up and getting more explosive. Lower body strength was something that Davidson struggled with at a period in time, and didn't squat for as long as two years. He's now back squatting, feeling stronger and powerful in the lower end of his body. Getting back to physical shape is key for him in being able to compete at the highest-level.

"I went back to the dungeon," Davidson said laughing. "I went back to madhouse. Started back at my roots, you know what I mean, back in that hot gym. Long days, long mornings, heavy weight. That's all I was doing."

Since the injury, this is the first time Davidson doesn't feel anything physically wrong. He said it was nothing like last year or the year before.

"I remember there were some days I couldn't even wake up and just feel decent," Davidson said. "Every day I was walking around limping. I could be doing this and that and I was still trying my best to come out here and perform because that's my job. I can't put my past on my injuries. That's still on me because as long as I'm out there, I still need to be out there to play football and make plays."

The pressure to live up to his second-round draft pick status only fuels Davidson, adding motivation to keep working and block out the outside noise. He sees the headlines. He sees everything on social media. Adding an extra rep on the field, in the weight room, and extra minute in the film room is what keeps Davidson going.

"I just take it in and keep going man," Davidson said.

The Falcons defensive line will be in a great spot this year with Davidson back in the rotation. With everyone back healthy on the front line, this defense will look completely different from last year. Despite the setbacks Davidson might have faced in the past, that's behind him now. He's only looking forward for what's lies ahead.

"This year I'm just trying to get myself going, get my feet wet and just progress," Davidson said. "Keep continuing to get better and keep stacking days like I've been doing everyday out here. That's all I can do."

Marlon Davidson is back and doing all he can to get ready for a big season. Every year for me is a work year," Davidson said. "Doing what God brought me here to do and that's to play football. When I get my opportunity, my number called, I'm going to just go out there and have fun."

1 hour ago, Lethal said:

Shede at least started putting it together before he got into his off-field problems.  Marlon has done next to nothing (he did pick 6 Brady which owned but I seriously cannot think of anything else he has ever done lol)

He sacked Brady in in game 1 and pick-6ed Brady in game2. Who else in NFL history has done that to "football Jesus"?

3 hours ago, Lethal said:

Marlon has done next to nothing (he did pick 6 Brady which owned but I seriously cannot think of anything else he has ever done lol)

Don’t forget Deion Jones had a pick 6 against Brady in the Super Bowl!  

edit: Robert Alford had the pick :)