USA Today has us ranked 32

They have almost the exact same writeup word for word for the Falcons and Texans which should tell you how lazy their analysis is lol

32. Falcons (Previous: 32): If we spotted you QB Marcus Mariota and TE Kyle Pitts, could you name three more starters for Atlanta ... though it should be an easier bar to clear than Houston's? Good teams often spring from anonymity, but it usually takes a while ... and may take the Falcons longer than it does the Texans.

31. Texans (30): If we spotted you QB Davis Mills and WR Brandin Cooks, could you name three more starters for Houston? Good teams often spring from anonymity, but it usually takes a while.

Good.  I want all of these know nothings to eat a **** burger when we throat punch a few teams we should not beat.  I have no delusions that we will somehow be a world beater this year.  And being as poorly thought of as we are, this really bodes well for us in my eyes.  Nowhere to go but up.  

8 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

We're not going to be good, but we certainly aren't going to be the worst team in the league. I'd take the Falcons over the Texans, Bears, Jets, Jags, Giants, and Panthers. 

Being better than these dregs doesn't make me feel better. Being the worst or fifth worst still stinks.

If a few of the young players show enough promise to be part of a winning core and we get a top draft pick, that's a bigger win than winning six games and "proving everyone wrong."

5 minutes ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

Being better than these dregs doesn't make me feel better. Being the worst or fifth worst still stinks.

If a few of the young players show enough promise to be part of a winning core and we get a top draft pick, that's a bigger win than winning six games and "proving everyone wrong."

Best bet is to not feel anything for this season. If they suck, they were supposed to. If they're better than that, then it's all gravy. 

I still think this team wins 6-7 games, which should get them a top 10 pick. Then they can head into the offseason with a ton of cap space and that winning core you speak of. 

4 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

Best bet is to not feel anything for this season. If they suck, they were supposed to. If they're better than that, then it's all gravy. 

I still think this team wins 6-7 games, which should get them a top 10 pick. Then they can head into the offseason with a ton of cap space and that winning core you speak of. 

I agree with you. I'm just not convinced we're set at the QB position and would prefer a top 2 pick. If not for a QB than the draft capital it could produce.

Don't worry though, in regards to expectations for the season, I've been dead inside for months.

2 minutes ago, Lethal said:

When your base argument for the bottom two teams is "If we spotted you <player> and <player>, could you name three more starters for <team>" (verbatim) it tells me all I need to know about the following analysis tbh...

Nothing to see here.

If I spotted them a “U” and “S”, do you think they’d be able to spell their publication?

2 minutes ago, Run &#x27;n&#x27; Shoot said:

I agree with you. I'm just not convinced we're set at the QB position and would prefer a top 2 pick. If not for a QB than the draft capital it could produce.

Don't worry though, in regards to expectations for the season, I've been dead inside for months.

I'm with you on the QB position. Mariota could have a career renaissance, but he hasn't had a decent season since 2016. While I still think Ridder was the best QB in this draft, he's completely unproven and based on stuff out of camp, the game might still be a bit fast for him at the moment.  

Yeah...this is really my first time going into a season not expecting anything since 2008. During the Vick years, every offseason was basically 'ya never know', then during the Ryan years playoffs were always the expectation. 

48 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

They have almost the exact same writeup word for word for the Falcons and Texans which should tell you how lazy their analysis is lol

32. Falcons (Previous: 32): If we spotted you QB Marcus Mariota and TE Kyle Pitts, could you name three more starters for Atlanta ... though it should be an easier bar to clear than Houston's? Good teams often spring from anonymity, but it usually takes a while ... and may take the Falcons longer than it does the Texans.

31. Texans (30): If we spotted you QB Davis Mills and WR Brandin Cooks, could you name three more starters for Houston? Good teams often spring from anonymity, but it usually takes a while.

The whole, we are the worse roster bull comes from laziness. 

Because we are not full of household names we must suck, right???

19 minutes ago, Tribal Chief said:

Losing mentality is for the birds. 

Its more like winning mentally is for the birds..  TAFT every year has us being the team to beat... and in reality, we get soundly beat.  Being a winning team seems to be the offseason mental exercise.  When we lose the excuses and finger pointing starts.

We have a challenging year ahead of us.  The scariest part to me is we have a couple of key positions that are filled by injury prone players.

53 man roster and preseason is going to set the pace.  I already hear how preseason is not important.  I hope this preseason year the coaches don't forget to teach the team to win.  Cause if they don't, it will take the first four regular season games to figure it out.  Preseason needs to be about winning just as much as evaluating players. Or we are going to sit at 32 for a long time.

:munch:

15 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

The whole, we are the worse roster bull comes from laziness. 

Because we are not full of household names we must suck, right???

Well you don't get to be a household name by sucking year after year after year.

Even when we get to a Superbowl we suck... so it's once again put up or shutup time.

:munch: