What do you expect from Drake London in 2022?

I think he’s going to be a star because of his catch radius. We will have to be careful with him because his skill set speaks to being injury prone (physical runner, being used in middle of the field). But I think his height and other elements will help him make an early impact especially one on one.

Hopefully we distribute the ball and make his usage count- red zone opportunities and mismatches. Be dangerous enough to draw off coverages so other guys can eat too.  I’d much rather see this than him being a clear # 1 as a rookie. 

I except him to play in all 4 quarters. 
I expect him to play and be in the design when we’re in the red zone. 
I expect him to take some reps in preseason because he hasn’t been in the NFL before. 

Same things I expected from our first pick last year. I expect without hesitation that If we play our best players in critical moments we will make the playoffs. I expect if Smith curbs London in the opening and closing quarters and doesn’t give him but 3 tries in the red zone like he did to Pitts he should be moved on as HC. 
Don’t keep the Ferrari in the garage. 

I could imagine a goal to go (or any time really) double TEcross situation with Pitts and London manning the TE spots and OZ and Patterson manning the outsides or double loaded to one side. Tyler in the backfield. If you need more power then you sub OZ out for (the ex chief.. his name is alluding me currently). Or pull Patterson back to the backfield. Just sooo much more we can pull off versus last year and that’s not even including QB rushes/rollouts. I think some of the reason why our offensive line had such a problem cause we just lacked so many weapons on offense that it was easy for the opposing defenses to commit to pass/pass rush. All the defense had to do was take Pitts out of the play. Patterson was too tired being the only wide receiver and running back worth a flip. I trust that both London and Pitts will both be pretty good this year if we can just get Edwards or Tate and Tyler to step up we might actually be nasty on offense. There is huge potential in our offensive skill players this year. Honestly I’d rather have Pitts and London over Julio and Ridley. Flame away

22 hours ago, Williamb said:

I don't think you're giving edwards, tate, or oz enough credit. Much less pitts or patterson

Pitts and CP aren't WR's. I like Edwards and Tate a lot but they're not #1 WR type guys, much less top 10 pick in the draft type guys, barring massive jumps in their careers. Oz is just a dude who runs fast, hopefully he won't see much playtime this year.

1 hour ago, Lornoth said:

Pitts and CP aren't WR's. I like Edwards and Tate a lot but they're not #1 WR type guys, much less top 10 pick in the draft type guys, barring massive jumps in their careers. Oz is just a dude who runs fast, hopefully he won't see much playtime this year.

Nobody asks them to be #1's but they are very good 2a/2b. And if our rbs do their jobs well, watch how quickly cp becomes a reciever. Btw, who was our top reciever last year? You know basically a guy who goes out and catches passes. The Te designation is also used for long snappers.

15 minutes ago, Williamb said:

Nobody asks them to be #1's but they are very good 2a/2b. And if our rbs do their jobs well, watch how quickly cp becomes a reciever. Btw, who was our top reciever last year? You know basically a guy who goes out and catches passes. The Te designation is also used for long snappers.

The question was specifically 'leading wide receiver.' I would have answered different if it was simply leading receiver. If we make CP a full time WR it will be the biggest mistake of this regime so far. 

Like I said, I really like Edwards, Tate, and even Byrd. But none of them have ever produced more than #3 WR numbers. Don't look at potential, look at what they've done so far. I'm down for optimism as much as anyone but our WR room doesn't have a single person in it with good NFL production, so I'm not getting ahead of myself just because I like the plan.