Who do you think will be the Falcons best running back in 2022?

I think people are putting too much stock into the rookie....there are reasons why he went so late.

Maybe he surprises me but we need to hold off on anointing him.

I honestly can see Ollison end up with the bulk of the carries.

Whether that is good or not remains to be seen... but I think that's probably what happens.

13 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Corderelle Patterson is supposed to be more of a wide receiver in 2022. So who do you expect to be the Falcons leading rusher in 2022?

„Leading rusher“ and „best rb“ aren’t the same thing

QBs will run for 500 yards (between Mariota/Ridder)

CP will get 300 and be mainly used as the Slot WR.

Other RBs will combine for 1000 (Allgeier, Williams, Olli)

1800 as a team. That would have put us at about 20th last year in YPG. The O-Line will need to be significantly better in opening holes if we want to crack 2k as a team rushing.

8 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

I’ll go with Damien Williams to resurrect his career. I’m going off what I’ve red and seen at TC.

I agree.  I don't think CP is going to be a WR more than not.  I think he'll mostly get his receptions from the backfield or motioning out wide or to the slot.  They will line him up wide and in the slot, but it won't be the bulk of his snaps.  Allgeier is doing well, but so is Williams, and between the two, I think when the bullets start flying they're going to trust Williams's pass pro a lot more than Allgeier's.  I do think Allgeier will get the 2nd most carries as a pure RB though.  If you figure CP is going to split carries and receptions lining up in the backfield and get motioned around a lot, and Williams is going to sort of be the go to pure RB (who will also get reception opportunities), I think between Allgeier and Ollison they're going to rely on Allgeier's pure running ability, especially in goal line and short yardage situations.

But to answer the question directly, I'd agree -- Williams is the RB, CP is the COP slash player, and Allgeier basically backs up Williams but will get a significant load of carries.

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

I agree.  I don't think CP is going to be a WR more than not.  I think he'll mostly get his receptions from the backfield or motioning out wide or to the slot.  They will line him up wide and in the slot, but it won't be the bulk of his snaps.  Allgeier is doing well, but so is Williams, and between the two, I think when the bullets start flying they're going to trust Williams's pass pro a lot more than Allgeier's.  I do think Allgeier will get the 2nd most carries as a pure RB though.  If you figure CP is going to split carries and receptions lining up in the backfield and get motioned around a lot, and Williams is going to sort of be the go to pure RB (who will also get reception opportunities), I think between Allgeier and Ollison they're going to rely on Allgeier's pure running ability, especially in goal line and short yardage situations.

But to answer the question directly, I'd agree -- Williams is the RB, CP is the COP slash player, and Allgeier basically backs up Williams but will get a significant load of carries.

That sounds right. Allgeier will be pushing Williams as far as pure RB, but his blocking probably will need some work before he will be ready for the RB1 slot. Both should get a lot of yards IF the OL is better this season. 

16 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

I think people are putting too much stock into the rookie....there are reasons why he went so late.

Maybe he surprises me but we need to hold off on anointing him.

I honestly can see Ollison end up with the bulk of the carries.

Whether that is good or not remains to be seen... but I think that's probably what happens.

Anointing him as what? We don't know what the Falcons "best" is going to look like. We can only hope it's north of 1,000 yards rushing with a couple hundred receiving yards sprinkled in and a couple of TDs. He just has to be good enough to keep the running game honest.