Deshaun Watson suspended 6 games

xianshino

I just find it weird how the women involved before wouldn’t settle for money , but now they settled for money in the last 2-3 months  ?? He settled 24 cases in the last few months and no one sees a problem with that ?? 

im not saying he didn’t do it but that seems a little sketchy in itself. 

3 minutes ago, caponine said:

I just find it weird how the women involved before wouldn’t settle for money , but now they settled for money in the last 2-3 months  ?? He settled 24 cases in the last few months and no one sees a problem with that ?? 

im not saying he didn’t do it but that seems a little sketchy in itself. 

Why?  It's no more sketchy than him agreeing to pay them (which, IMHO, also isn't sketchy).

People settle litigation for a lot of reasons that have very little to do with whether someone did something or whether they ought to be forced to answer in front of a jury for it if they did.  Settlement isn't really an indication of anything at all other than the parties found it mutually beneficial to settle.

2 minutes ago, FalconBlood23 said:

Yall are upset he is vouching for Ridley? Why? After DW got 6 games for a much worse action vs a guy who did betting when away from the team. Why is CP vouching for Ridley bad?

Because Ridley's well deserved suspension is not in any way the problem here.  Deshaun Watson should have gotten more.  That doesn't argue Ridley should have gotten less.

18 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Why?  It's no more sketchy than him agreeing to pay them (which, IMHO, also isn't sketchy).

People settle litigation for a lot of reasons that have very little to do with whether someone did something or whether they ought to be forced to answer in front of a jury for it if they did.  Settlement isn't really an indication of anything at all other than the parties found it mutually beneficial to settle.

In a way, he paid lots of little fines instead of one big one.

Just now, JDaveG said:

Because Ridley's well deserved suspension is not in any way the problem here.  Deshaun Watson should have gotten more.  That doesn't argue Ridley should have gotten less.

But you guys are on CP because why? He posted a pic of RIDLEY and him saying to "free him" meaning to lower his sentence because betting what $500 on a game when you are away from the sport is bad sure but is getting over 20+ women in assault cases somehow better? Only 6 games?? like tf, I would be saying exactly what CP is, punishment does not make sense. The NFL is always completely off when giving these out.

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

For what it's worth, I think Ridley's suspension is completely fair.  It's Watson's that is the problem.  And I think a shorter suspension can be justified, but if she is convinced he did it, then 6 games is pretty silly on those grounds.

"First offense, non-violent."  The truth is it's multiple serial offenses and "non-violent" is charitable, to put it mildly.

Come on @JDaveG, it is the first time he has ever sexually assaulted two dozen people.  Lighten up dude.

Just now, Realsurfin said:

All this aside, we dodged a bullet folks.  The money alone was enough to nix the deal.  Let alone that this guy is a creep.  We need less drama around here.

As for Ridley... shop him out first chance we can get.

JMHO

:munch:

No doubt. Thankful he’s not in the ATL.

Side note*** the Texans are 28-26 with DW all time.  

Just now, FalconBlood23 said:

But you guys are on CP because why? He posted a pic of RIDLEY and him saying to "free him" meaning to lower his sentence because betting what $500 on a game when you are away from the sport is bad sure but is getting over 20+ women in assault cases somehow better? Only 6 games?? like tf, I would be saying exactly what CP is, punishment does not make sense. The NFL is always completely off when giving these out.

I know what it means.  I think it's dumb.  CP is supporting his teammate, and that's great.  But Deshaun Watson getting a slap on the wrist is not justification for reducing Ridley's suspension at all.  The implication is Ridley was punished too severely, when the problem is Watson wasn't punished severely enough.

Just now, JDaveG said:

I know what it means.  I think it's dumb.  CP is supporting his teammate, and that's great.  But Deshaun Watson getting a slap on the wrist is not justification for reducing Ridley's suspension at all.  The implication is Ridley was punished too severely, when the problem is Watson wasn't punished severely enough.

I see, then I guess we disagree. I think Ridley's suspension is way too insane, it should have been 8 games at most, not the entire season for the amount and times he did it. DW of course did not get enough, not even close. So we disagree on the first part but agree on the DW thing.

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

To an earlier point I made, proportionally, if DW's is fair, then Ridley's suspension should be two quarters of one game in my opinion. 

But it is DW's that is disproportionately low, which I don't guess CP is considering.

3 minutes ago, FalconBlood23 said:

I see, then I guess we disagree. I think Ridley's suspension is way too insane, it should have been 8 games at most, not the entire season for the amount and times he did it. DW of course did not get enough, not even close. So we disagree on the first part but agree on the DW thing.

The reason I disagree is simple.  Gambling is serious.  It affects the integrity of the game.  An NFL player gambling on the NFL is not just a dude dropping $1500 on some parlay bets.  It's a guy who knows people in the league with inside information who can determine the outcomes of games.  And that doesn't mean Calvin Ridley was doing that, it just means you can't afford to be a professional sports league and leave any doubt that the games are decided on the field and not out of a player's financial interest in the game.

A year suspension for betting on football by a player who is currently under contract in the league isn't out of line at all.  If they gave him a slap on the wrist, it won't be long before no one believes the games are fairly decided.  You have at least 5% of the people here who don't think they are without letting players gamble on the outcomes.

35 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I see what you’re saying but Buzbee’s statements and quotes over the last year and a half have been the opposite of what you said.

Watson allegedly wanted them to sign a NDA as part of the settlement according to Buzbee but they rejected that deal. I don’t see why now they would decide to take a settlement. They already spoke out a huge number of the women did , so it wouldn’t make much sense at this point to take the deal unless both sides just want to move on.