Arthur Smith’s Demeanor And The Local Media…

1 hour ago, hjerry said:

Did Belichick wait till the internet said he had earned it before he started talking the way he does?

Everyone here hates DLed. I get it. 
If DLed was doing a “bad” job he wouldn’t have that job very long. 

NFL is an entertainment business, most of the consumers of his reporting are not “bought-in” lifer fans.  

And to be honest I don’t hate all his questions.  The Falcons only have 1 job and they ain’t been doing it.  

For the most part I believe Smith is doing a good job.  But I think DLed, for all his faults, is doing a decent job addressing the concerns of impatient and noncommittal fans.  

Those guys aren’t writing reports for Falcons forum members.  

Belichick handles dumb questions the same way.  But his boss and his team’s fans rightfully have 100% that his team will be in a Super Bowl again within 2 seasons.  So yes, Belichick can get away with it.

Edited by Killing Floor

9 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

NFL is an entertainment business, most of the consumers of his reporting are not “bought-in” lifer fans.  

And to be honest I don’t hate all his questions.  The Falcons only have 1 job and they ain’t been doing it.  

For the most part I believe Smith is doing a good job.  But I think DLed, for all his faults, is doing a decent job addressing the concerns of impatient and noncommittal fans.  

Belichick handles dumb questions the same way.  But his boss and his team’s fans rightfully have 100% that his team will be in a Super Bowl again within 2 seasons.  So yes, Belichick can get away with it.

You answered a question that I didn't ask.

I like the way he talks to media. It fires me up! 

Seriously though, it's just who Arthur Smith is. He has a no BS, no nonsense type of personality. Honestly I'm glad he's gruff. I'm sick of having Mr. Congeniality the crowd favorite as a coach. 

Smith is young and tough and has something to prove. Silly to think he should change his personality.

5 hours ago, TheRisen999 said:

I’ve been watching all of the pressers lately and it really seems like the media have been asking really good football questions. Even D. Led had a few good professional questions on day two. Last season Smith had a propensity to either not give much of an answer to or straight up not answering any questions that leaned into sensationalism or hot takes. 

This season it seems as if the media has realized if they’re going to get Smith to give them content they can actually use they’re going to have to stick to poignant football questions. IMO this has made for better press conferences. I think it also results in a little more respect for the team overall.

It would also help a great deal, if AS would stop mumbling , and dropping his voice at the end of sentences. The last few words are sometimes difficult to understand.

9 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

Bonus!  You’re welcome. 

Plus Belichick has been doing this since before the Integtated circuit made the internet possible. So that’s a trick question. 

You said he had to earn it like Belichek, and I asked if Belicheck waited till he had "earned it" before he started talking that way. 

All of your responses are defending that Belicheck has earned it, which I never argued against

48 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

You can tell Uncle Darryl I do not like his style.  I know.  Family is family and you have to defend him.  Good luck with that.

11 hours ago, runshoot said:

Right

Dean Pees is the exact same way. When a stupid question comes, AS and Pees both let the reporter have it. It is NOT their job to coddle people who are supposed to be professionals. Dled being the prime example of a person who is labeled as a professional but is not. Every 1st question from Dled is "how are things going so far". WTH kind of generic question is that?  And then the AJC has the nerve to put Dleds article "5 things we learned in came today" behind a pay wall. Are you kidding me? Follow some of the falcon twitter fans and get REAL information for free.

I hope AS continues to grind the media in Atlanta and specifically DLed. They all deserve it with their hot takes and pot stirring and BS questions. Thinking its what the fans want to know is problem number 1. Most fans are idiots and thus ask idiot questions. TAFT has a pool of these fans, we should know its a bad idea to ask "fan questions".

Lol you said a mouthful then brother… but I observed no lies. 

9 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

Sorry fam, D. Led definitely isn’t good at his job. His line of questioning as well as his articles are rudimentary at best. Honestly, he seems out of sorts most of the time. 

9 hours ago, ATLskinjob said:

I like the way he talks to media. It fires me up! 

Seriously though, it's just who Arthur Smith is. He has a no BS, no nonsense type of personality. Honestly I'm glad he's gruff. I'm sick of having Mr. Congeniality the crowd favorite as a coach. 

Smith is young and tough and has something to prove. Silly to think he should change his personality.

I hope he never changes his demeanor. The way he goes about his press conferences is sobering. It requires reporters to do their due diligence and research to be able to ask the right questions.