First Home Game

Will be against the Saints. This will most assuredly be the most important game of the year, guaranteed to create much reaction.  Win it, and a tiny spark of hope will be seen fluttering around the MBS, at least for eight days or so.  Lose it, and the cry will begin for a repair job, or even a new regime.  Either way, the emotions of Falcon Fans will be once again roiled.  You just can't expect much this season after all the moves made by Blank and his new regime.  I have been a Falcon fan longer than most of you, and I have been through years like this before, and it ain't purty.  Losing to our hated enemy, the Saints, in the first game of the year is about the worst sin a team could commit. About all we can do is to hunker down and hope for the best, as long as you understand that our, "Best" might not be very good.

I mean of course you want to win every game, especially home games during hate week...but it's hardly the most important game of the year.  We came out Week 1 of 2016 at home and lost to Tampa...Week 1 overreactions happen every single year and it's essentially basically just an extension of the preseason.

Also maybe it's just me but I feel like losing a 25 point lead in a Superbowl is probably the worst sin a team could commit 🤷‍♂️

Winning games is important.

Winning games at home is arguably even more important

Winning games against rivals is even more important

Starting the season off with a win is important

All of this is true. 

The idea that if we lose our first, and because it meets those qualifications, that we'll somehow be unable to move forward is just silly.

Win enough games to get to the playoffs and very few will ever remember who our first game was against and whether we won it or not

I read the headline , then read your comment, then had to go back and double check to make sure the first game of the season was a home game against the Saints.  For some reason you're comment made it seem like the two weren't congruent. 

That's not a shot at you.  I just hate season openers against rivals and haven't found a good way to express my displeasure with them.

1 hour ago, hjerry said:

Winning games is important.

Winning games at home is arguably even more important

Winning games against rivals is even more important

Starting the season off with a win is important

All of this is true. 

The idea that if we lose our first, and because it meets those qualifications, that we'll somehow be unable to move forward is just silly.

Win enough games to get to the playoffs and very few will ever remember who our first game was against and whether we won it or not

You just need to hide and watch after our first game. Everything I said is true, and fans will react accordingly.

1 hour ago, nutsandbolts said:

I just hope I don't have Saints fans to my left, and my right, and in front of me high fiving the ones behind me. That would be a good start to the season.

When the one in front of you stands up to reach over you and high five someone yell out "THIS...IS...ATLANTAAAA!!!" and kick him down a row.

21 minutes ago, Falconus Prime said:

What if in the crazy off chance we trounce them by like a couple scores? 

It's not impossible. We beat them at home last year. And despite the loss of Matt Ryan, I think that this is a much stronger team overall. 

This team feels like it has a lot more energy to it than last season. I think we can do it.

Because we go to the Rams after home opener vs Saints, it's pretty important we win that one...starting 0-2 will feel very deja-vu.

But beat the Saints and the Seahawks and come out with at worst a 2-1 start heading into a Browns game will feel very promising!

I believe we WILL beat the Saints...Dennis Allen is a cr@p head coach, and we've had enough turnover this year to where the Falcon players in general will have no prior PTSD of previous Saints games...

17 hours ago, ATLskinjob said:

It's not impossible. We beat them at home last year. And despite the loss of Matt Ryan, I think that this is a much stronger team overall. 

This team feels like it has a lot more energy to it than last season. I think we can do it.

How do you figure ?  We still have a weak O Line, with no improvement, no running game, and no defense. There are so many players who have been cut from other teams you can't ID half of them, and we have a failed starting QB everywhere he has played, and a raw rookie backup.  How in the world is this a stronger team ?

3 hours ago, Hard Case said:

How do you figure ?  We still have a weak O Line, with no improvement, no running game, and no defense. There are so many players who have been cut from other teams you can't ID half of them, and we have a failed starting QB everywhere he has played, and a raw rookie backup.  How in the world is this a stronger team ?

How do you know we have no defense?  Last year?  We let 4 starters from the front 7 walk and replaced them, and we replaced our starting CB opposite Terrell with a Pro Bowl caliber CB; our starting slot CB is back from injury, and or Safety tandem is revamped...

How do you know we have no running game?  We let last year's "starter" go and replaced him with a SB winning RB, while keeping the best part of last year's run game in CP...plus we added to the beef of the Oline in the forms of Elijah Wilkinson and Germain Ifedi...

Why is Mariota a failed qb everywhere he's played?  Did he not make the playoffs twice with Tennessee?  Did he not win the last game he played significantly in for Las Vegas?

Stop reading into what so-called "experts" who know nothing say, and start looking at things in an actually objective viewpoint...or don't.  Either way is cool with me...

3 hours ago, Hard Case said:

O line has had way more time to develop. We've also added a lot of competition pretty much everywhere. Last year we just had to ride with what was within arms reach.

Running game should improve with the be OL. Also we still have CP, signed Damien Williams, and drafted Allgeier. Plus we're working with a lot more depth at the position as well.

Defense will be vastly improved. Safety position is going to be taken over by Grant and Hawkins, a good duo. Our amazing CB Terrell now has a suitable running mate in Caset Heyward, and Oliver is back.

Not to mention that we drafted a stud pass rusher in Ebiketie. Go watch some of his college tape. He's really good. Plus we got Malone and Anderson, who both have sky high potential.

Go watch the last game Mariota started for the Raiders versus the Chargers and tell me that he doesn't look very good.

Any other questions?