Has there ever been a team in NFL history that's made the playoffs with close to as much dead cap money as we have?

• Falcons Fan MVP changed the title to Has there ever been a team in NFL history that's made the playoffs with close to as much dead cap money as we have?

Spotrac or over the cap will have cap numbers including dead money for every team for every year. You just have to adjust the team choice and year to look at that year's SB winner. 

You'd also want to do it based on percentage of the cap rather than raw total, as the cap increases every year, and the latter would be very skewed toward modern times.

• Falcons Fan MVP changed the title to Has there ever been a team in NFL history that's made the playoffs with close to as much dead cap money as we have and made the playoffs?
  • Falcons Fan MVP changed the title to Has there ever been a team in NFL history that's made the playoffs with close to as much dead cap money as we have?
22 hours ago, opensource001 said:

I wanted to both laugh at this and thank you,  but I could only do one via emojis.  So thank you!

I've always kinda used the tip of the cap one, as a thank you of sorts. Of course that was put in back in the Mike Smith days, more of an acknowledgement that whomever he was tipping his cap too beat our tails that day

:tiphat::lol:

16 minutes ago, papachaz said:

I've always kinda used the tip of the cap one, as a thank you of sorts. Of course that was put in back in the Mike Smith days, more of an acknowledgement that whomever he was tipping his cap too beat our tails that day

:tiphat::lol:

I just try to use the emojis that are available through the board.  I'm not not smart or cool enough to use my own.  There should absolutely be a "tip your hat" one available on this site though.