Deion Jones placed on PUP list

18 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

This means two things.  One, the injury was much worse than was thought and they need to put him on the list for his well being or Two, he is being placed there to stop any further injury that would impede his being "taken to the train station"

Two weeks ago and I would not have gotten that reference 😂

52 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Am I the only one who gets the feeling that absolutely nothing will be said about this with any substance from Smith/TF?

Until he is just released?

It’ll cost too much to release him. The whole situation with Debo has been weird.

17 minutes ago, TheRisen999 said:

It’ll cost too much to release him. The whole situation with Debo has been weird.

It really has. TD was crazy to give him such a massive contract anyways. That makes the entire thing so much worse.

The whole thing is also made much more difficult because I really think that Deion Jones really could be Debo again if he gets healthy. He could be the guy we had versus Miami last year that won player of the week.

12 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

It really has. TD was crazy to give him such a massive contract anyways. That makes the entire thing so much worse.

The whole thing is also made much more difficult because I really think that Deion Jones really could be Debo again if he gets healthy. He could be the guy we had versus Miami last year that won player of the week.

I was going to make a post about this. It’s not outside the realm of possibility that we hold on to Debo. I remember an interview where Dean Pees was defending him saying the media had been bashing Debo all season without knowing he was playing with a bad shoulder the entire year. Pees seems to really like Jones.

Maybe we keep him and see how he does in the second year of his new role. He’s actually more equipped to play on the boundaries. The thing that erks me is people say Debo was terrible last season but he ended up with the 2nd most tackles of his career he just didn’t have the splash plays he’s known for.

As much as we hate his contract sometimes you have to pay guys. I’d hate for the team to get rid of Debo too soon and then he ends up going to the Saints or somewhere and balling out. I’m not sure if they can restructure his contract right now but if Pees thinks the shoulder injury and position switch was Debo’s main reason for struggling I’d be ok with them bringing him back on a more reasonable deal .