“No limitations” on what Falcons will ask quarterbacks to do

7 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

That is assuming they respect the passing as well. 

If we swapped out for mobility for inaccuracy or poor decision making, it will not be a better situation. 

I'm feeling pretty confident Mariota will be able to play at a high level. The knock on him is he can't stay healthy. He knows this offense like the back of his hand and he has some pretty decent weapons to go to. Would be surprised if he isn't putting up respectable numbers right from Game One. 

They still need to bring another guy in. Someone from the USFL or whatever but you can't just have Ridder and Mariota throwing all the preseason games if you truly converted Franks. Smith's obsession with somehow putting him on the team is still odd.

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

I'm feeling pretty confident Mariota will be able to play at a high level. The knock on him is he can't stay healthy. He knows this offense like the back of his hand and he has some pretty decent weapons to go to. Would be surprised if he isn't putting up respectable numbers right from Game One. 

I am not as bullish on Marcus as you but definitely feel that we are in safe hands.

Would be way more concerned about it. With that said, with all the new pieces we have, I am not so sure we won’t have major issues. 

1 hour ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I am not as bullish on Marcus as you but definitely feel that we are in safe hands.

Would be way more concerned about it. With that said, with all the new pieces we have, I am not so sure we won’t have major issues. 

I understand. With the new pieces and our strength of schedule we could definitely get off to a slow start, but I'm thinking by mid-season, barring injuries, the Falcons will be more competitive with the top-tier teams than we've been since '17. The unit pegging the needle on my Concern-0-Meter is the OL. Still not convinced this group is ready for Prime Time. 

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

I understand. With the new pieces and our strength of schedule we could definitely get off to a slow start, but I'm thinking by mid-season, barring injuries, the Falcons will be more competitive with the top-tier teams than we've been since '17. The unit pegging the needle on my Concern-0-Meter is the OL. Still not convinced this group is ready for Prime Time. 

I am ok with being very wrong about this, but I have a feeling that the group of misfit FAs we brought in will be more bust than diamonds.

I can see half of them playing well and the other half being what they have always been in the league. which would still put us higher than the worse(like the Corporate national media is pushing).