Jump to content

“No limitations” on what Falcons will ask quarterbacks to do


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

That is assuming they respect the passing as well. 

If we swapped out for mobility for inaccuracy or poor decision making, it will not be a better situation. 

I'm feeling pretty confident Mariota will be able to play at a high level. The knock on him is he can't stay healthy. He knows this offense like the back of his hand and he has some pretty decent weapons to go to. Would be surprised if he isn't putting up respectable numbers right from Game One. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They still need to bring another guy in. Someone from the USFL or whatever but you can't just have Ridder and Mariota throwing all the preseason games if you truly converted Franks. Smith's obsession with somehow putting him on the team is still odd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

I'm feeling pretty confident Mariota will be able to play at a high level. The knock on him is he can't stay healthy. He knows this offense like the back of his hand and he has some pretty decent weapons to go to. Would be surprised if he isn't putting up respectable numbers right from Game One. 

I am not as bullish on Marcus as you but definitely feel that we are in safe hands.

Would be way more concerned about it. With that said, with all the new pieces we have, I am not so sure we won’t have major issues. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I am not as bullish on Marcus as you but definitely feel that we are in safe hands.

Would be way more concerned about it. With that said, with all the new pieces we have, I am not so sure we won’t have major issues. 

I understand. With the new pieces and our strength of schedule we could definitely get off to a slow start, but I'm thinking by mid-season, barring injuries, the Falcons will be more competitive with the top-tier teams than we've been since '17. The unit pegging the needle on my Concern-0-Meter is the OL. Still not convinced this group is ready for Prime Time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

I understand. With the new pieces and our strength of schedule we could definitely get off to a slow start, but I'm thinking by mid-season, barring injuries, the Falcons will be more competitive with the top-tier teams than we've been since '17. The unit pegging the needle on my Concern-0-Meter is the OL. Still not convinced this group is ready for Prime Time. 

I am ok with being very wrong about this, but I have a feeling that the group of misfit FAs we brought in will be more bust than diamonds.

I can see half of them playing well and the other half being what they have always been in the league. which would still put us higher than the worse(like the Corporate national media is pushing). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...