If Arthur Smith is going to win the Falcons a super bowl NFL history says that it will happen in the next 4 seasons.

I believe only 1 or 2 NFL head coaches in NFL history have won a super bowl for a team IF they didn't win one the first 5 seasons. Andy Reid year 6 for the Chiefs is on of them. I can't think of anymore.

Based on NFL history if Arthur Smith is going to bring home a Lombardi for the Falcons it will happen in the next 4 seasons. 

2 hours ago, octoslash said:

Why in god's name would anyone base a prediction on 'history'?  

I don't even see "winning a Super Bowl" as the litmus test.  If he's getting us to the playoffs most years, then he's keeping us in contention.  You can't win a Super Bowl unless you're in contention.

You get rid of a coach when he can't lead the team any longer.  You don't get rid of him because he only made it to the NFC championship twice and to the divisional round once in 5 years.  If he's not doing that sort of work, then sure, Smith will be gone.  But the idea that the team is in the hunt every season but hasn't (yet) won a Super Bowl, so we should get another coach, is what horrible teams do.

52 minutes ago, Swayzee said:

He will gone in 23' (end of season) if he does not have a winning season by then.

3 year contract, and he will be a deadman walking coming into 23'. Just reality.

I think that they should give him until 2024 because of what he inherited.

Just now, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I think that they should give him until 2024 because of what he inherited.

nope, no way.

They decided they could win last year and delayed the rebuild. They were wrong and the noose gets tighter. 

**** some of you are just brutal.

Is it any different then those who literally post the same sunshine or doom and gloom BS post after post 95% of the board is guilty of that to some degree, present company included

It's his thing, and as it's been pointed out, either don't reply or come up with some better topics. Some of ignorant ******* have no idea what the person on the other side of the keyboard is going through on any given day. Think about that.

Keyboard warriors.

Truth This Is True GIF by Ford

5 hours ago, Swayzee said:

He will be gone in 23' (end of season) if he does not have a winning season by then.

3 year contract, and he will be a deadman walking coming into 23'. Just reality.

Do we know for sure he only signed a 3 year contract? I know there were here say last year about the length of contract, but I've not found anything concrete that said it was only a 3 year contract

36 minutes ago, andrews31cain21 said:

Do we know for sure he only signed a 3 year contract? I know there were here say last year about the length of contract, but I've not found anything concrete that said it was only a 3 year contract

99.9% sure it is 3 years.

6 hours ago, Swayzee said:

nope, no way.

They decided they could win last year and delayed the rebuild. They were wrong and the noose gets tighter. 

I blame Julio and Ridley leaving for that. We probably would have been 9-8 with Calvin Ridley for 17 games and a wild card spot. Even if Julio was injured he could have mentor Pitts and been a decoy.

35 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I blame Julio and Ridley leaving for that. We probably would have been 9-8 with Calvin Ridley for 17 games and a wild card spot. Even if Julio was injured he could have mentor Pitts and been a decoy.

I mean, it is at the very least plausible.