Some love. Just a little bit. But still love ❤️

4 hours ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

Second video does a deep dive, with graphics, on whole coaching staff and both sides of the ball. 

The second video was well worth the 54 minutes of run time to watch it. These guys were very knowledgeable about the Falcons, unlike most of the other analysis we see from the media. They even got into some depth concerning the Bears-Falcons connection which is very interesting and unusual to say the least.

Their comments were very objective ~ positive and negative, but overall they had a very positive outlook on how TF has rapidly reshaped this team with little cap space to work with.

They went into great detail about the key players who have left. And there have been a ton not even mentioning losing Ryan. We lost a lot, too many to mention and start going into here.

On the plus side, we also gained a bunch of potentially great players to take their place on both sides of the ball. They were very confident Dean Pees now has the talent and experienced players in his defense to be much improved this year, especially the pass rush and secondary.

They emphasized that this Falcon team is almost completely different from two years ago, with possibly more talent, but far more question marks, especially at QB. The national media is pegging the Falcons to be abysmal with a 5 win projection, but both of these guys felt this team would definitely be better than that. Both believe the Falcons will win somewhere in the range of six to 10 wins, but both agreed it was impossible to project on which end of that range the team would ultimately land.

While the range is pretty clearly somewhere between five and 10 wins, nobody on planet earth has any idea how well this team will do. Too many variables and not enough data, but deep down many of us have a feeling this team is about to make a leap back to respectability.

This is a great video because there has literally been so many changes with players and staff, I didn't really have a clear picture of the magnitude of it all. I doubt there will be anything more comprehensive and as objective to preview the Falcons as this video. Thanks for finding it and putting up here for us. 

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

This is a great video because there has literally been so many changes with players and staff, I didn't really have a clear picture of the magnitude of it all. I doubt there will be anything more comprehensive and as objective to preview the Falcons as this video. Thanks for finding it and putting up there for us. 

TF made a lot of lower ceiling/higher floor signings this offseason. I keep forgetting some of the earlier adds. For example, every time I see it mentioned that we signed Carter, Evans and Kwiatkoski, it seems like something I dropped from my long-term memory. I'm compelled to drag our LB unit, but there's actually going to be some competition in it.

Posted (edited)

So listening to the first guy he truly believes in Mariota why? He can not cite anything he has done in his career. Matt Ryan was winning games in the last seconds last year after the defense gave up big leads. Saints anyone? Yet Mariota after 6 years in the NFL is going to come here and all of the sudden do that? Ok, if you say so but I will wait and see. I hope so and I do think we have a much better chance with Mariota than I do Ridder. Ridder has a lot of work to do. Again I like this staff way better than I liked Mr. Clean and our last GM. I think they have a much better approach to the draft and FA. We are still rebuilding if you want to admit it or not. We are getting a lot younger and we let go of a QB with over a 90 passer rating and expect what was not plan A or B but probably more like plan D to do better. You can believe that and I can hope it happens but the odds are not with you. I am not butt hurt over Ryan either. I can see the business decision in letting him go. Still thinking we have anything better on this roster currently or anyone who will give us a better chance to win with the current young team is wishful thinking. I see maybe 6 wins if we pull out some close ones. 

Edited by DraftFanatic

2 hours ago, DraftFanatic said:

So listening to the first guy he truly believes in Mariota why? He can not cite anything he has done in his career. Matt Ryan was winning games in the last seconds last year after the defense gave up big leads. Saints anyone? Yet Mariota after 6 years in the NFL is going to come here and all of the sudden do that? Ok, if you say so but I will wait and see. I hope so and I do think we have a much better chance with Mariota than I do Ridder. Ridder has a lot of work to do. Again I like this staff way better than I liked Mr. Clean and our last GM. I think they have a much better approach to the draft and FA. We are still rebuilding if you want to admit it or not. We are getting a lot younger and we let go of a QB with over a 90 passer rating and expect what was not plan A or B but probably more like plan D to do better. You can believe that and I can hope it happens but the odds are not with you. I am not butt hurt over Ryan either. I can see the business decision in letting him go. Still thinking we have anything better on this roster currently or anyone who will give us a better chance to win with the current young team is wishful thinking. I see maybe 6 wins if we pull out some close ones. 

ugh-donald-trump.gif

17 hours ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

*Let’s see how many battered victims file in to show us their whoopin scars and cry about how much they still hurt. 

I found it funny that the guys in the second video had our ceiling at between 9 and 10 wins. Like I’ve said before I don’t think it’s impossible. These guys aren’t even Falcons homer’s and they could look at the team and see that the moves made in the offseason make us more competitive than last season. We all know our biggest loss was Matty Ice but beyond that I’d say it’s been more upgrades than anything.

On 7/9/2022 at 3:03 PM, JayOzOne said:

TF made a lot of lower ceiling/higher floor signings this offseason. I keep forgetting some of the earlier adds. For example, every time I see it mentioned that we signed Carter, Evans and Kwiatkoski, it seems like something I dropped from my long-term memory. I'm compelled to drag our LB unit, but there's actually going to be some competition in it.

Linebacker, to me, got much better on paper.  More robust would be a better word.  Our defense should be better.  That has to count for something.

On 7/10/2022 at 1:27 AM, TheRisen999 said:

I found it funny that the guys in the second video had our ceiling at between 9 and 10 wins. Like I’ve said before I don’t think it’s impossible. These guys aren’t even Falcons homer’s and they could look at the team and see that the moves made in the offseason make us more competitive than last season. We all know our biggest loss was Matty Ice but beyond that I’d say it’s been more upgrades than anything.

These guys were not lazy.  Clear they did some kind of homework and knew what all TF did.  Crazy when you think about it.

35 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

These guys were not lazy.  Clear they did some kind of homework and knew what all TF did.  Crazy when you think about it.

Right..they nailed this one.  And as for the the team hopefully we’re still looking to add to the Offensive line. If that happens I’ll be expecting us to have some upset wins this upcoming season