Nobis, White Shoes, Matthews Jr & McKay & coach Reeves make semifinals list for HOF

Posted (edited)

The Seniors category is where the HOF has a chance to get it right and 3 ex-Falcons - Tommy Nobis, Billy White-Shoes Johnson, and Clay Matthews Jr are all on the list of semifinalists for 2023.

In the Coach/Contributor category, Rich McKay and coach Dan Reeves are semi-finalists as well.

While many of these individuals had great years with other teams, they also had great years with the Falcons, and it would be great to have them honored as such with those already inducted who have worn the bird.

I have never been to Canton, and I actually have promised myself to go to the HOF game and ceremonies when Ryan goes in, but it would be great to see these guys careers honored when I go.  Lets hope the Hall grants them entry.

https://www.nfl.com/news/pro-football-hall-of-fame-announces-54-semifinalists-for-class-of-2023-in-senior

(adding in Mike Kenn, thanks guys for the heads up)

Edited by RetroRoq

2 minutes ago, RetroRoq said:

The Seniors category is where the HOF has a chance to get it right and 3 ex-Falcons - Tommy Nobis, Billy White-Shoes Johnson, and Clay Matthews Jr are all on the list of semifinalists for 2023.

In the Coach/Contributor category, Rich McKay and coach Dan Reeves are semi-finalists as well.

While many of these individuals had great years with other teams, they also had great years with the Falcons, and it would be great to have them honored as such with those already inducted who have worn the bird.

I have never been to Canton, and I actually have promised myself to go to the HOF game and ceremonies when Ryan goes in, but it would be great to see these guys careers honored when I go.  Lets hope the Hall grants them entry.

https://www.nfl.com/news/pro-football-hall-of-fame-announces-54-semifinalists-for-class-of-2023-in-senior

I'm hoping about making a trip out there for Ryan as well. Good to see that the Falcons aren't completely forgotten about. 

5 minutes ago, RetroRoq said:

I went earlier this year and it was pretty cool. It would have been a lot better with more Falcons in it though.

1 hour ago, RetroRoq said:

Especially Nobis.

Jeff Van Note and Mike Kenn should also get a mention. But not having Tommy Nobis in the HOF 30 years ago is an absolute disgrace. For those of you who never got to see him play he was amazing. Every bit as good or better than Butkus, Nitschke, Lambert, Lanier...all peers who are in the HOF. Had he played on a good team this wouldn’t even be a discussion. 

5 hours ago, RetroRoq said:

and Mike Kenn

Nobis has always been a no brainer..... Its really a travesty that he is not in...the voters over the years should really be ashamed.....but also Jeff Van Note not being in is also a head scratcher...played 18 years for the Falcons, 6 time pro bowler, and only missed 4 games in 18 years....WTH