Trade Rumors

Unknøwn

We're now less than a month away from the deadline. Manfred set the deadline for August 2nd this year as he's allowed to do under the new CBA. Today we got the first real rumor to hit the mill

Jon Morosi reporting that Jose Quintana is the hottest name on the market right now. Morosi said multiple teams are already talking to the Pirates. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

We're now less than a month away from the deadline. Manfred set the deadline for August 2nd this year as he's allowed to do under the new CBA. Today we got the first real rumor to hit the mill

Jon Morosi reporting that Jose Quintana is the hottest name on the market right now. Morosi said multiple teams are already talking to the Pirates. 

I wouldn't give up too much for him.   Dude has been done for 2-3 years imo.

Edited by 007dawg

1 minute ago, 007dawg said:

I wouldn't give up too much for him.   Dude has been done for 2-3 years imo.

He's an ideal target at this point though. He won't cost you a ransom. Hes having a pretty good year and is only owed $1M for the remainder of the season. So if you give up a couple of mid-level guys and he falters then it's not a big deal. You're only out $1M and no notable talent. 

The Yankees are in talks with KC for Andrew Benintendi. The Yankees are also hoping to trade Joey Gallo before the deadline. Gallo has hit .163 in the 120 games since being acquired by the Yankees with only 23 HRs. Hes K'd 180 times in 393 ABs 

9 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

The Yankees are in talks with KC for Andrew Benintendi. The Yankees are also hoping to trade Joey Gallo before the deadline. Gallo has hit .163 in the 120 games since being acquired by the Yankees with only 23 HRs. Hes K'd 180 times in 393 ABs 

Just got a Twitter notification saying Reynolds to Royals for Benny....

What?

9 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

That doesn't seem ideal given how highly touted Waters is supposed to be.

The buzz on Waters has greatly diminished. I'm waiting on the draft to do my mid-season top 30, but Waters was down to #8 for me in the system. Honestly, more bummed about losing Andrew Hoffmann.

Hopefully the Royals can turn him around.

Just now, K26dp said:

The buzz on Waters has greatly diminished. I'm waiting on the draft to do my mid-season top 30, but Waters was down to #8 for me in the system. Honestly, more bummed about losing Andrew Hoffmann.

Hopefully the Royals can turn him around.

That is disappointing.

AA and his staff has earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes their decisions.

31 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

When I first got the alert I thought it was going to Waters and 2 others for Benintendi 

Funny, I'd probably be POd to trade this package for Benintendi.

Giants and Dodgers are in on Drury. Mets also believed to be lurking so far. Giants GM said he hasn't decided if they'll sell or add. He said if they're close to a WC spot they'll go for it but if not he'll sell some guys. They are currently 1 game out of the final WC spot. 

20 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Mets have had talks with Pittsburgh about Vogelbach. NY is looking to add a DH. 

Not a bad option if you're looking to platoon at DH. Virtually unplayable against lefties though.

We have a price on Soto. They want 4 or 5 of your top prospects and young, controllable players that are ready now. Rosenthal said the Nats are not negotiating. They know they have time and he said they are telling teams to meet the price or they hang up. 

6 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

We have a price on Soto. They want 4 or 5 of your top prospects and young, controllable players that are ready now. Rosenthal said the Nats are not negotiating. They know they have time and he said they are telling teams to meet the price or they hang up. 

I mean, we could do that...