10 Rookies that can start in 2022 | PFF

10 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I hope Des doesn't start day one if our line is a turnstile.  Don't need shaken baby syndrome there.  Ebiketie to me is a no brainer.  Malone starting would be a surprise to me, but the kid has the nose for the backfield.  

London is probably the biggest no brainer in terms of being a starter isn’t he?

Ebiketie definitely ends up with more snaps though - I have a feeling that our defense will be on the field a lot this year

1 hour ago, Herr Doktor said:

I hope Des doesn't start day one if our line is a turnstile.  Don't need shaken baby syndrome there.  Ebiketie to me is a no brainer.  Malone starting would be a surprise to me, but the kid has the nose for the backfield.  

Agree.  We'll see what shakes out with the OL in TC but I still believe we need one more starter from FA.  We don't need Ridder dealing with the crap we've had lately in the OL.  As for Ebiketie, he starts and Malone to me would be a surprise starter.

2 hours ago, BtK said:

London is probably the biggest no brainer in terms of being a starter isn’t he?

Ebiketie definitely ends up with more snaps though - I have a feeling that our defense will be on the field a lot this year

You didn't watch the video? Obviously, top 10 players are going to start, likely many others drafted in round 1. The objective was NOT to pick the obvious 1st rounders , but the guys taken later in the draft.

5 hours ago, celtiksage said:

You didn't watch the video? Obviously, top 10 players are going to start, likely many others drafted in round 1. The objective was NOT to pick the obvious 1st rounders , but the guys taken later in the draft.

That makes sense. I skipped the beginning of the video - my bad. 

15 hours ago, Lornoth said:

Honestly Ridder probably has the worst chance to start out of all our rookies, except maybe Troy. Even the late guys don't really have anyone in front of them.

Mariota is made of glass, he will start at some point.

On 6/30/2022 at 6:31 PM, Sidecar Falcon said:

To be clear I’m downvoting PFF not the post. I think this video proves the guys over there don’t know what they’re talking about. How can they pretty much rank the Falcons dead last in everything and then say they think it would be a good idea to throw our ROOKIE QB out there to “see what we have in him?” Sooo are they trying to ruin the guy? It would make little to no sense given the fact that we have a veteran QB on the roster that knows and has played in this system. They should bring Ridder along slowly and let him grow in the system and as a player.

It was a compliment to the Falcons to have two of their later-round rookies be mentioned as good possibilities to start their first season in the NFL. But the fact Ridder may actually be ready to start doesn't mean it's mandatory he does start. Mariota is ahead of Ridder at this point in every aspect of QB play. He's already been designated the starter by AS so that isn't even a possibility at the moment. 

Would be great to see DeAngelo getting snaps from Game One and making an impact. He's got plenty of experience and talent and not much ahead of him on our DL to keep him out of the rotation. He is a much more likely starter for us than Ridder. 

4 hours ago, TheRisen999 said:

To be clear I’m downvoting PFF not the post. I think this video proves the guys over there don’t know what they’re talking about. How can they pretty much rank the Falcons dead last in everything and then say they think it would be a good idea to throw our ROOKIE QB out there to “see what we have in him?” Sooo are they trying to ruin the guy? It would make little to no sense given the fact that we have a veteran QB on the roster that knows and has played in this system. They should bring Ridder along slowly and let him grow in the system and as a player.

Exactly.  I would hate to see Des ragdolled repeatedly.  Our oline needs to be worth a **** before Des sees the field.