Did Falcons scouting team make the right call in passing on Malik Willis?

Komic

Eh. There's not really anything to say about any of these QBs yet. None of them have completed a single NFL pass yet. How are we supposed to judge them?

Personally I'm thinking that we made a great pick with Ridder. Hard to say which guy will be better, especially considering that it's very unlikely that we see either of them start this season.

22 hours ago, Komic said:

xftkh8eixv791.jpg?width=641&auto=webp&s=a221579c4d7bfa274b8ef278c3a3d745b58f6b60

Saw this on the falcons sub and didn't see it here. Figured it would make for good conversation

As a rookie, Russell Wilson started training camp as the 3rd string QB.  Who knows what might happen between now and regular season.

Edited by ShoNuff

He's this year's Trey Lance.  Meaning that he seems to be exceptionally talented and intelligent and coachable AND he played college in a soft league, played against a ranked opponent only once and we know how that went.  

I am saying he Might be the best QB in a few years but today he's not even close to Feleipe Franks.  He's not close to Ridder in terms of game readiness.  Home town kid or not, we have enough projects already.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2022 at 8:14 PM, Mega Flare said:

Are these the same Titans whose OC and former QB we were dumb enough to promote?

I'm confused... how does this look bad for the Falcons? 

That Titans OC coached that former QB to Pro Bowl level if injuries hadn't hampered him. 

Same Titans OC that passed on Malik Willis and got Ridder. 

If anything this shows we picked up the right people from the Titans. 

Posted (edited)

Yeah. Liberty sucked at football and he was the quarterback. 

But if you really want to know what kind of player he is…dude put up 217 yards against Campbell Fighting Camels. Compared to Ridder who dropped 300 on Notre freaking Dame. 

You can spin context any way you want. Falcons won the lottery between these 2 quarterbacks. Not even close. 

Edited by Killing Floor

On 6/27/2022 at 9:44 AM, Killing Floor said:

He's this year's Trey Lance.  Meaning that he seems to be exceptionally talented and intelligent and coachable AND he played college in a soft league, played against a ranked opponent only once and we know how that went.  

I am saying he Might be the best QB in a few years but today he's not even close to Feleipe Franks.  He's not close to Ridder in terms of game readiness.  Home town kid or not, we have enough projects already.  

Who needs projects when you have the whole Falcons franchise? 😹

On 6/25/2022 at 8:05 PM, mikeg272 said:

Although Malik has exceptional talent and potential, I personally think it was widely known he was a project piece. 

Anyone who thought he could walk in and immediately start was fooling themselves. 

Oh but a bunch of folks had him coming to us at #8.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2022 at 7:28 PM, Williamb said:

Oh but a bunch of folks had him coming to us at #8.

I found that scary.  I am no scout, nor can really speak intellectually to football in the x's and o's setting, but his game scared me.  He may be solid eventually, but the college game is full of these athletic freaks that don't translate to the pro's.

9 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

I found that scary.  I am no scout, nor can really speak intellectually to football in the x's and o's setting, but his game scared me.  He may be solid eventually, but the college game is full of these athletic freaks that don't translate to the pro's.

Agree. Despite showing some talent, he is starting from way back in the pack as far as being a starting QB in the NFL. He could certainly become a star, but the odds aren't in his favor by any means. I'm thinking we got the better player who will be ready to start sooner and will do better once he gets his chance in Ridder.