Braves vs Dodgers

For the A

28 minutes ago, ATLBham said:

Man, I still feel salty about last night's game especially that we were a strike away from winning the series. Just some pure bad luck when you consider we have NL's best bullpen in terms of ERA. Even though we've completed a winning record in this homestand against two playoff caliber teams, 5-2 would have been **** of a way to finish the stand. We still gained a game on Mets during the stand, so as long as we keep on racking series wins we should be very close at the top come All-Star Break time. 

Best bullpen ERA, but I believe the Braves lead the league in blown saves. The extra inning rule plays a huge part in that, but still mildly concerning moving forward.

1 hour ago, ATLBham said:

Man, I still feel salty about last night's game especially that we were a strike away from winning the series. Just some pure bad luck when you consider we have NL's best bullpen in terms of ERA. Even though we've completed a winning record in this homestand against two playoff caliber teams, 5-2 would have been **** of a way to finish the stand. We still gained a game on Mets during the stand, so as long as we keep on racking series wins we should be very close at the top come All-Star Break time. 

Gained a half game.

8 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Last nights game stung, but hopefully Yates and Matzek can help a little bit. If Soroka comes back as a consistent starter, who’s to say Strider doesn’t move back to the pen too?

You can't even count on Yates coming back. He's due back late August and then needs to ramp up. I'd be amazed if he throws 15-20 innings.

Strider will eventually be back in the pen or shut down because of an innings limit. I would suspect Soroka makes some spot starts to help all the starters as well as ease himself back in, a 6 man rotation is likely for a bit.

I'm not sure what to think about Matzek, he's missed a good bit of time for a "dead arm".

27 minutes ago, Malachore said:

You can't even count on Yates coming back. He's due back late August and then needs to ramp up. I'd be amazed if he throws 15-20 innings.

Strider will eventually be back in the pen or shut down because of an innings limit. I would suspect Soroka makes some spot starts to help all the starters as well as ease himself back in, a 6 man rotation is likely for a bit.

I'm not sure what to think about Matzek, he's missed a good bit of time for a "dead arm".

He had something going on. They said the MRI was damage free but stopped short of saying it was clean. The good news is he's pain free now and pitching for Augusta tonight. 

3 hours ago, TheFalcoholic said:

I mean Kershaw admitted what we thought. Freddie isn't comfortable in LA. Kershaw said he hoped Freddie would get there. The rest of the Dodgers have obviously noticed there's something up there. I know Freddie isn't a guy that will cause issues but you do wonder if at some point issued arise from it. 

37 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

I mean Kershaw admitted what we thought. Freddie isn't comfortable in LA. Kershaw said he hoped Freddie would get there. The rest of the Dodgers have obviously noticed there's something up there. I know Freddie isn't a guy that will cause issues but you do wonder if at some point issued arise from it. 

What are the odds that Freddie tries to get traded to the Braves sooner rather than later?

With the DH, there is room for both him and Olson in the lineup.

51 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

What are the odds that Freddie tries to get traded to the Braves sooner rather than later?

He probably already told his agent the only way to keep his job is to get him traded back in the next couple of years. 

All kidding aside, I'd love it but I'm not sure we could afford it. We have to pay Fried, Riley, probably Harris sooner than later. Swanson is due too. AA calculated all that in the decision to sign a younger guy for longer. 

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

Probably pretty slim considering they didn't want to give him a 6th year so not sure why they would trade for the current contract.

44 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I'm a fair and unbiased person.

Well, I mean I would say it could be a platoon but Duvall is only hitting .224 against LHP.  He's slugging .554 but still only a .286 OBP, he just has 5 of his 8 HRs against LHP. Rosario handles LHP so well if he's back to normal I think he's your guy in LF. 

19 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Well, I mean I would say it could be a platoon but Duvall is only hitting .224 against LHP.  He's slugging .554 but still only a .286 OBP, he just has 5 of his 8 HRs against LHP. Rosario handles LHP so well if he's back to normal I think he's your guy in LF. 

Yeah I wanted to say platoon as well and I'm sure that is what they will attempt. I just wish Duvall could have had some semblance of last year because his defense is still great.

47 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Yeah I wanted to say platoon as well and I'm sure that is what they will attempt. I just wish Duvall could have had some semblance of last year because his defense is still great.

Sadly, I think DuVall’s bat has slowed down.  Hope I’m wrong as players usually don’t come back from that 

1 hour ago, 007dawg said:

Sadly, I think DuVall’s bat has slowed down.  Hope I’m wrong as players usually don’t come back from that 

They had said his launch angle was more exaggerated that years past. He adjusted and went on that little hot streak but he's back to being bad again.

I wouldn't say he's too far gone but hes struggling in the one placed he had going. He's always been a low average and OBP guy. His OBP this year is pretty close to career. His career average is .220, the issue is his power. His slugging is down 120 points. Duvall without power is not much a hitter. 

16 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Yeah he doesn’t look like he is having fun at all. His heart is in Atlanta. Everyone can see it.