Most Unremarkable Braves That You Remember

Redjack

Kinda funny you used unremarkable but you wanted us to remark about them  made me laugh…..

Assuming you mean unremarkable for what was expected of them? Disappointing is a better word but here goes:

BJ Upton - there are no words….

Jason Heyward - endorsed by Hank Aaron as the Next Hank Aaron. 

Brad Komminsk - Was touted as Dale Murphy and Hank rolled into one.

Dan Uggla - tore it up in Miami but was never great here save that first season. Got worse the longer he was here. 

Simply meh guys?

Aaron Blair 

Casey Kotchman - Time was short here but equally unremarkable.

Robert Fick - spent one year here. Not bad production 11 HR 80 RBI but after a parade of power 1B such as Bream, Crime Dog, and the Big Cat, very underwhelming  

6 hours ago, Redjack said:

Post all of them here and what they meant to you or the team in general. 

My first is Nate McClouth. I remember this dude was going to be one of the greatest Braves infielders of all time. 

He obviously wasn’t.

We acquired him by trading Charlie Morton and a bag of sawdust for him. It’s clear who had the better career. And we are getting more out of Charlie in his twilight than Nate ever gave us. 

Edited by The True7

Charles Thomas. That dude single-handedly turned around a struggling and very lackadaisical team and went on a tear for like a month or two and then completely lost all ability to play baseball. Think he ended up being in the Huddy trade if I’m not mistaken.

Edited by Redjack

3 hours ago, Redjack said:

Charles Thomas. That dude single-handedly turned around a struggling and very lackadaisical team and went on a tear for like a month or two and then completely lost all ability to play baseball. Think he ended up being in the Huddy trade if I’m not mistaken.

So unremarkable I barely remember him

4 hours ago, Redjack said:

Yep, he exploded onto the scene. Hit like .280 with an OPS of .800 out of absolutely nowhere. Played so well the A's made him a centerpiece of the Hudson trade that offseason. He played 30 games for Oakland the following season, hit .109 and never played another game in MLB. 

Dan Meyer made 7 starts for Oakland and had an ERA of 8. Juan Cruz pitched in 28 games as a RP and had an ERA of 7.44. Braves got 113 wins, 3.50 ERA and eventual team HOFer out of it. 

Scott Thorman - Wikipedia

Scott Thorman

The Braves were so confident that Thorman was going to be their first baseman for years to come that they traded away Adam LaRoche for middle-relief pitcher Mike Gonzalez.  And LaRoche was coming off his best season as a Brave before the trade.  Thorman's failure to hit MLB pitching resulted in one of the worst trades in Braves history for Mark Teixeira.