Gronk Retiring..

10 minutes ago, TheRisen999 said:

Does this increase our chances of beating Tampa this season? I’d say it does.. I know it’s Brady but hear me out. Gronk is his favorite target and also his fail safe option when plays break down. I think Brady losing that comfort matters.

I think losing a few of his linemen hurts more but not having Gronk won’t be good either. 

Gronk is great and a crappe tonne of kids love football because of him. 100% respect for the joy he brings to the game. 

That said, he’s retired when he isn’t on the line week 1. Until then he’s on the Bucs. 

Also, it’s the Bucs. Ok, really it’s anyone. 55 catches and 80_ish targets, Gronk was 3rd on the Bucs last year and would have been 4th if you adjust for Brown only playing half season. He’s great but he’s not the difference maker. 

Huge fan and I’ll miss seeing him if and when he really retires. 

2 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I'm sure Brady will miss Gronk because they are really good friends but let's be honest that Brady still has weapons galore on that Bucs offense.

They've played quite a few games without Gronk.

That’s true but not having a guy you’ve relied on for so long will still take some getting adjusted to. Even if Brady does have many other weapons he won’t have that same chemistry with those guys. I’m not saying there’s going to be some huge drop off but I do think Brady will be affected by not having his guy.

2 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I think losing a few of his linemen hurts more but not having Gronk won’t be good either. 

And even more of a reason why not having a guy that knows him so well might allow for a little opening to make him second guess himself or his target.

26 minutes ago, TheRisen999 said:

And even more of a reason why not having a guy that knows him so well might allow for a little opening to make him second guess himself or his target.

If his O Line takes a step back, it won’t matter because he will be staring at the clouds by the time he gets to a “second guess”! 😄

47 minutes ago, TheRisen999 said:

That’s true but not having a guy you’ve relied on for so long will still take some getting adjusted to. Even if Brady does have many other weapons he won’t have that same chemistry with those guys. I’m not saying there’s going to be some huge drop off but I do think Brady will be affected by not having his guy.

Especially on 3rd down

49 minutes ago, Brewcrew said:

50/50 chance he just wants to get out of training camp and changes his mind once preseason starts. 

This....They talked on Total Access yesterday about guys getting their body ready for the rigors of Training Camp, and how it gets harder to do it every year.  They mentioned that TB12 may call Gronk later in the season if the Sucs go on a "run."

16 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

I’m going to watch with earnest how tom time performs without his security blanket. I don’t think he can win a sb again without gronk 

I don't think he can win it again, period. Covid titles are asterisk land for me, so I don't even consider that one legit. 😄