Remember when people said Dansby isn't as good as Seager, Turner or Story and expecting him to be was wrong

putnam6

The best shortstops in MLB this season by average WAR (B-Ref and FanGraphs, minimum 75% of games played at the position): 1. Jeremy Peña: 2.8. 2. Dansby Swanson: 2.5 3. Xander Bogaerts: 2.4 4. J.P. Crawford: 2.4 5. Tim Anderson: 2.0 Peña is a rookie, Swanson a free agent to be. I don't want to lose him but his price is no doubt climbing I could see him getting offered more than Liberty will pay. How close are the Braves triple and double A shortstops?

2 hours ago, putnam6 said:

The best shortstops in MLB this season by average WAR (B-Ref and FanGraphs, minimum 75% of games played at the position): 1. Jeremy Peña: 2.8. 2. Dansby Swanson: 2.5 3. Xander Bogaerts: 2.4 4. J.P. Crawford: 2.4 5. Tim Anderson: 2.0 Peña is a rookie, Swanson a free agent to be. I don't want to lose him but his price is no doubt climbing I could see him getting offered more than Liberty will pay. How close are the Braves triple and double A shortstops?

One of the Braves top prospects is a SS (Braden Shewmake).

I don't think AA is too high on Dansby, I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a big push for Correa if he opts out.

25 minutes ago, Malachore said:

One of the Braves top prospects is a SS (Braden Shewmake).

I don't think AA is too high on Dansby, I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a big push for Correa if he opts out.

I think AA is big on Dansby.

He is a big reason why the Braves won the world series.

He is among the best defenders at his position ( which is big for AA) and when he is rolling , he is among the best hitters for his position...he can hit for average, power, has well above average speed, he is a good base runner...there really are no holes in his game when he is going.

The only real downside to Dansby is how streaky he is....his cold spells are VERY cold and they can be longer than you want.

To me it boils down to how much he wants to be here.

If you go by just the interviews in the post season...it appears that he would want to be here because this is home for him....he loves the Braves, he loves the Hawks, He loves the Falcons...this is home.

But how does home translate into dollars?

Only time will tell.

Just now, falconsd56 said:

I think AA is big on Dansby.

He is a big reason why the Braves won the world series.

He is among the best defenders at his position ( which is big for AA) and when he is rolling , he is among the best hitters for his position...he can hit for average, power, has well above average speed, he is a good base runner...there really are no holes in his game when he is going.

The only real downside to Dansby is how streaky he is....his cold spells are VERY cold and they can be longer than you want.

To me it boils down to how much he wants to be here.

If you go by just the interviews in the post season...it appears that he would want to be here because this is home for him....he loves the Braves, he loves the Hawks, He loves the Falcons...this is home.

But how does home translate into dollars?

Only time will tell.

I think if he was that high he would have looked to lock him down like he did with Ozzie and Ronnie..

Not too mention his supposed interest in Correa. If Dansby is wanting 20+ then he can't stay, defense is his major selling point and how long will that last at the level he is playing at? 

6 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I think if he was that high he would have looked to lock him down like he did with Ozzie and Ronnie..

Not too mention his supposed interest in Correa. If Dansby is wanting 20+ then he can't stay, defense is his major selling point and how long will that last at the level he is playing at? 

Well to be fair...both Ozzie and Acuna started out much better than Dansby.

Acuna in particular lived up to his phenomenon status almost immediately.

Ozzie also lived up to his billing almost immediately.

Dansby has taken a longer time to develop and was not the sensation early that those 2 were.

He is still a young guy so I am sure he still has 7  or 8 years of his level of defense.

12 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Well to be fair...both Ozzie and Acuna started out much better than Dansby.

Acuna in particular lived up to his phenomenon status almost immediately.

Ozzie also lived up to his billing almost immediately.

Dansby has taken a longer time to develop and was not the sensation early that those 2 were.

He is still a young guy so I am sure he still has 7  or 8 years of his level of defense.

Certainly wouldn't mine him coming back but not at the price he will want if he has one of those career walk years. He's been too inconsistent to pay him based on that and I believe AA is smarter than that.

5 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Certainly wouldn't mine him coming back but not at the price he will want if he has one of those career walk years. He's been too inconsistent to pay him based on that and I believe AA is smarter than that.

It will be interesting to see how he plays it since he and Freddie have the same agent.

AA showed them that he isn't going to **** around.

• 6 months later...