Braves @ Nats

Unknøwn

5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Az Isn't going to give him away... especially with his contract with nearly 5.5 years of control left.

I wasn't aware he signed an extension there.

People are saying Ozzie will be back by August, idk what they are smoking lol

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

I wasn't aware he signed an extension there.

People are saying Ozzie will be back by August, idk what they are smoking lol

It's entirely possible, but it depends on whether that's the only thing wrong with him leg. Also, it depends on the kind/size of the break.

I'm guessing the team says 6-8 weeks, and then we get no real updates for six weeks...unless it's bad.

3 minutes ago, jidady said:

It's entirely possible, but it depends on whether that's the only thing wrong with him leg. Also, it depends on the kind/size of the break.

I'm guessing the team says 6-8 weeks, and then we get no real updates for six weeks...unless it's bad.

Seems extremely optimistic, 6-8 weeks for a normal every day life. Playing any sport isn't that, I see 8-10 weeks as more likely which yes is still during the season but that is baring any type of set back.

It sucks for Ozzie but I don't think there will be a drop off with the bat from Arcia compared to what we've seen from Ozzie so far, the defense is what scares me.

Just now, Malachore said:

Seems extremely optimistic, 6-8 weeks for a normal every day life. Playing any sport isn't that, I see 8-10 weeks as more likely which yes is still during the season but that is baring any type of set back.

It sucks for Ozzie but I don't think there will be a drop off with the bat from Arcia compared to what we've seen from Ozzie so far, the defense is what scares me.

We already saw the lack of range by Arcia

3 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Riley Greene, a Detroit Tiger prospect, is a good recent example. He got hurt on April 2nd and was back on May 27th. They thought he would come back a bit sooner, but he wasn't ready yet. So, eight weeks is the estimate when things don't go perfectly.

That's the timeline I'd expect if that's all this is. My concern is that it's other stuff, too.

Ozzie is a glue player in and out of the clubhouse. I worry that the team will suffer a lull without him.