It all makes sense now, I’ve been wondering why stockpiling WRs but not Linemen

5 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

Slowly but surely I am beginning to come around to the idea that these guys, apparently unlike some of their recent predecessors, actually do have a plan that makes sense. I like it. 

I hope they sign Lindstron to a reasonable extension that is good for him and us. 

12 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

Slowly but surely I am beginning to come around to the idea that these guys, apparently unlike some of their recent predecessors, actually do have a plan that makes sense. I like it. 

As opposed to slowly but surely realizing the coaches and front office haven’t a clue. 

I will never forget when Nolan told the defense first few days of training camp to line up in base and they lined up in a 3-4 alignment. Then, that evening Smitty tells media we don’t run a 3-4 base. I knew then we were screwed that year. How the **** is TD supposed to know what players to draft and bring in when his HC and DC don’t even know what our base defense is by start of training camp?

I mean it makes sense... Since it's 7 on 7 season (no contact with the lines)... Get skilled positions in..see if a guy impresses who can stick around and when it's time to put on pads and do contact that's when your dlineman and olineman time to shine so add those then (around TC)

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

That's..... Actually really clever. I was really wondering what the h we were doing signing so many receivers and no DL or OL.

Very smart way to work the rules. I'm really liking Terry and Arthur. These guys are smart and aren't messing around. There's a plan in place and they've been adhering to it.

Agree 100 percent. Really liking how we are doing things so far this offseason. Heck with power rankings and how the media in general are talking about our chances this season. I myself think we are going to surprise a lot of people and win some ball games.

Edited by Bird Is The Word

3 hours ago, gazoo said:

As opposed to slowly but surely realizing the coaches and front office haven’t a clue. 

I will never forget when Nolan told the defense first few days of training camp to line up in base and they lined up in a 3-4 alignment. Then, that evening Smitty tells media we don’t run a 3-4 base. I knew then we were screwed that year. How the **** is TD supposed to know what players to draft and bring in when his HC and DC don’t even know what our base defense is by start of training camp?

I think you are forgetting how that story really went. Smitty and Nolan absolutely told Dimi they were going with a 3-4 that year. They asked him to build a front seven. He did OK bringing in Soliai, TJax and Haggleman for the DLine. He absolutely whiffed on the linebackers though. He drafted four and signed six. All of them sucked. Smitty and Nolan ended up scrapping the 3-4 the first day of camp and going with a freaking 4-2-5 with Warlock and JopTop starting at linebacker. Troffed.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Smitty and Nolan absolutely told Dimi they were going with a 3-4 that year.

Do you think once Smitty changed his mind he should have communicated that with Nolan?  Seems a HC might even have wanted to run it by his DC first, before changing base defense.

I saw what I saw, happened same day. Nolan and Smitty were not on the same page as to what our base defense was at beginning of training camp.

When you put it that way it makes sense. However the linemen available close to training camp are more of just bodies and not really starting material. Basically looking for a diamond in the rough that they can maybe mold to be good depth/starting material later in their career I would think unless they get lucky

30 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Don't know, but other teams may not wait to sign these lineman as long as we do. By the time we recognize our need there, the pickings may be slim

Yeah exactly this.  Other teams ain't gonna wait around, just so you can if who your 4th and 5th WR is going to be.  

57 minutes ago, hjerry said:

My issue there is who will be available to sign by then if we wait 

Exactly.

People saying that it makes sense are neglecting the fact that in order to sign someone.... there has to be someone worth signing.

26 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

Yeah exactly this.  Other teams ain't gonna wait around, just so you can if who your 4th and 5th WR is going to be.  

I do agree that there really isn't a way to truly evaluate either line until hitting is allowed. I just worry that by then it may be too late

5 hours ago, Jesus said:

I flew over Atlanta today on the way to Puerto Rico, the captain came on the radio and said we are at 36,000 feet and well within Drake London's catch radius. 

Lol..... enjoy

Give me some feedback later....I was thinking about taking a trip myself