Braves @ Rockies

Unknøwn

14 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

I’ve seen a question out there asking which ATL star you’d like to never leave.. Trae, Pitts, or Acuna. 
I’m a heavy Acuna lean.

You're probably right. The Braves are the only franchise to win anything in my lifetime. I know the others will disappoint me, I just don't know when or how.

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

I love Trae but I don't think he can win a title alone. He needs another star player to help him get there. Tremendous player though. 

Very much agree, though, I can't think of anyone that could. It takes more than one to win. Heck, Acuna was out for us when we did.

2 hours ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

You're probably right. The Braves are the only franchise to win anything in my lifetime. I know the others will disappoint me, I just don't know when or how.

And that's why we watch.

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

Would rather see Trae as a Celtic and Pitts as a Saint than see Ronnie leave.

Do you think the Braves sign Acuna to a large contract extension after this one runs out? The Braves are going to have some tough decisions to make when these guys are up. Hope we can cash in multiple times before they have to pay everyone.

Luckily the Braves have 6 more years of contract on Acuna. He'll be 30 at that time. As long as he's still playing at an elite level I don't see them letting him go. He'll want a massive amount of money but he'll be 2 years younger than Freeman was when he hit the market. You could give him 6 to 8 years and still feel pretty good about it. 

1 hour ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

Do you think the Braves sign Acuna to a large contract extension after this one runs out? The Braves are going to have some tough decisions to make when these guys are up. Hope we can cash in multiple times before they have to pay everyone.

2 years ago I would have said absolutely not, now I'll say maybe.

19 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Luckily the Braves have 6 more years of contract on Acuna. He'll be 30 at that time. As long as he's still playing at an elite level I don't see them letting him go. He'll want a massive amount of money but he'll be 2 years younger than Freeman was when he hit the market. You could give him 6 to 8 years and still feel pretty good about it. 

Something larger than Olson's contract for sure. Maybe 7 years $215 million if we're lucky, but that seems super cheap. I don't see how he takes two major discounts.