Braves @ Rat Snakes

tl;dr

Its not over yet but when they lose, they know how to lose. No true errors but sloppy play strikes again. Hopefully it's just one bad night caused by flying west with no off day. Hopefully they'll be back to firing right in the next two. 

Except the Ozuna play, that's just Ozuna in LF. No other explanation needed there. 

Snitker said they hope Strider can keep the rotation job. They have to stretch him a little bit more before he's fully ready to just be cut loose as a starter. He also said Acuna will play RF either today or tomorrow. It'll be up to the medical staff which day they clear him to play defense. 

6 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Yeah because they can play multiple games without dumb crap like Ozuna and Olson did last night. 

Yes. This is a sloppy team for sure. No denying that. After 50 games this is who they are. Last year was fun but it’s also an outlier of what is possible every year. Teams can’t just turn it on when they want. This team has holes. 

38 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Yeah because they can play multiple games without dumb crap like Ozuna and Olson did last night. 

And they have one of the richest people on the planet as an owner that doesn't care what they pay players. I mean they're paying Scherzer $43M a year. That matters too. They're just going to buy everything and everyone. Cohen has already said he'll top $300M in payroll because it's nothing to him. 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:
If he keeps improving that changeup then look out. 100 to 88 with the slider mixed in. Goodness 

The change was his best pitch in college, but he put it in the back-seat last year to work on fastball command and the new slider. Amazing he was able to just pull it out of mothballs like this after barely using it as a reliever.

14 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Never fear....my gf and I are going to the next 2 and 5 out of the next 6.

The braves have never lost when she and/or I have gone to games and we don't plan on changing that.

We are saved!

Yall enjoy the games and being him the victory. Six game winning streak sounds nice right about now