Fishsticks vs Braves

tl;dr

5 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

He’s going to be a good one for us for many years Id say. He just needs to work on the glove a bit more and I wish he was a bit faster. 

Yeah, he'll be fine. A lot of people are just still upset that Freeman is gone. Really they aren't much different even with Matt's slump. Freeman's OPS is .878, Olson is .811 and Olson has more HRs and overall extra base hits. 

3 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Am I the only one who sees Dansby as a must re sign?  Just glue regardless of continued yearly slow starts. 

I wouldn't call it a must but he could get there if he proves this hot streak is the beginning of him finally breaking out. We've seen flashes but he's never sustained it. He'll hit .400 for a few weeks and then .130 for a few weeks. His defense is definitely worth an extension since he's been rated the best glove in MLB regardless of position by the analytics so far this year. It'll all come down to price and what he wants. It's a very crowded SS market this winter. Tim Anderson, Bogaerts, Correa and Turner are all free to go anywhere this winter. 

31 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Am I the only one who sees Dansby as a must re sign?  Just glue regardless of continued yearly slow starts. 

His greatest asset is his glove. He's too up and down with the bat and the defense is going to regress at some point.

If he's going to cost 20+ per then there are better options.

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Yeah he'll be on short rest so the goal is probably 3 innings, maybe 4 if he's efficient enough. 

Isn't Monday Morton's spot? They just trying to get him an extra day rest or what? 

They could save Strider till Wednesday and he'd be rested.

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Yeah, he'll be fine. A lot of people are just still upset that Freeman is gone. Really they aren't much different even with Matt's slump. Freeman's OPS is .878, Olson is .811 and Olson has more HRs and overall extra base hits. 

I don’t have to choose one over the other like some fans. I like them both. You play for the Braves. I cheer for you. Former and current. I wish Freddie well but I hope he goes O for eternity when he faces us and I hope Olson tears the cover off the baseball. 

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

Isn't Monday Morton's spot? They just trying to get him an extra day rest or what? 

They could save Strider till Wednesday and he'd be rested.

Yeah, they're pushing everyone back a day for extra rest. We have 7 straight games in very hitter friendly places. I'm guessing they hope the rest gives the SP's a little extra boost to save the pen a little bit. After this 3 game set in Arizona they go to Coors Field for 4. Always need a rested pen for a trip to Denver. 

On 5/29/2022 at 7:30 PM, OrthoPTSD said:

I like him better next year than anyone in the minors, but I'd dump him in a heartbeat for about 20 other shortstops in the majors right now.