Nick Saban says jimbo bought all of his players.. also calls out deion sanders and miami

2 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Supreme Court has already ruled on this and Brett Kavanaugh pretty much said what the NCAA and college presidents has been doing for years is illegal. I do expect something to be done but not much. NCAA is a toothless organization now. Amazing how certain Americans are against free market and capitalism now. So interesting to me lol

This is where the politicians come in…bank on it. The ncaa has no power like you said, so the govt will step in to regulate it. Watch.

2 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Saban did what he has always done. He hates the NIL, he has been very clear about how it will hurt college football. So when it looks like NIL is gaining momentum rather than losing it, it drops an atomic bomb.

Jimbo has a presser and looks like a raging lunatic, Saban says I shouldn’t have called 1 program out, but didn’t say A&M didn’t do it. He also looked like a grown up rather than the fool Jimbo.

He got his message across, after a few days of Saban vs Jimbo is over, NIL will be the discussion and that’s exactly what he wanted!

I like what Saban did but let’s be honest - What Saban did was both self-serving as he was beneficiary and mastermind of modern day recruiting (Kirby a close 2nd) and also sending dual message to his boosters about stepping up the Bama collective.

Everything Saban does is for Saban.

14 minutes ago, richham said:

This is where the politicians come in…bank on it. The ncaa has no power like you said, so the govt will step in to regulate it. Watch.

Hope not but Supreme Court did basics warn the NCAA what they would do if another case comes before them

6 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Of course he did and it's been something he has leaned on when ANY criticism is given..  He can't just respond without using that in the discussion.  His response is saying nick saban is racist which is complete and utter nonsense.  The reality is Deion worked with a group that gave a ton of money to a player to go to his school.  Deion wasn't afraid of being very public with it nor did the group that paid hunter either keep it quiet.  Don't get all upset when what you did which was on full display is brought up by Saban.  Hunter wasn't the only player Deion tried to buy.. He was clear in tweets and other comments that they were working on deals for other players.  I don't blame him for doing it since as saban said nothing was done about it despite the fact that is was a clear violation of ncaa rules. 

I can't defend Saban at all when it comes to any of this. I don't know if that was Deion's Direct Angle, but exactly what is Saban trying to say? He would have no problem with NIL, as long as almost every 5 Star player comes to Bama. A lot of players don't make it in sports because of their family's financial situation. No sense in Saban making it a big deal. 

4 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I like what Saban did but let’s be honest - What Saban did was both self-serving as he was beneficiary and mastermind of modern day recruiting (Kirby a close 2nd) and also sending dual message to his boosters about stepping up the Bama collective.

He’s not wrong.  These boys will continue to be used and abused like Marcus DuPtee and broke at age 23  Rinse and repeat. Left and forgotten. Pushing mops. You know it. The more things change the more they stay the same. Good for the “fans” of college football. Right?! 

9 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Well, what’s good for college football is good for Saban, so with that reasoning you are right. Every coach wants what’s best for their program, they better or they won’t have a job for long. Kirby wants what’s best for Kirby because that’s what’s best for Georgia.

I think Saban also realizes A&M money is a lot bigger than Alabama money or Georgia money. Then bringing UT money into the SEC is going to be whole other level.

I’m trying to figure out how is it good for college football that Bryce Young got a 1 million dollar NIL as a freshman that didn’t prove anything and before he was ever a starter but it’s bad for Travis Hunter to get one before he was ever a starter?🤔 The hypocrisy from Saban is crazy because I have seen proof of Bama paying players to sign with them. So it can’t be that Jackson State paid him to come there. Bama offered Sua Cravens money to come visit

3 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

I expect something to be done. But not much to make a difference. What they could do is change the transfer rule. But the NIL is out of the NCAA scope. That’s why they haven’t did anything. They don’t like this but the Supreme Court tied their hands. Without these kids there is no college football. The players have all the power truthfully. See how much money schools would lose without college football 

I don't think the schools need the best players. If there were lesser players playing I think people would still watch. I point to basketball which quality wise is not good but they are making plenty of money. Minor league football wouldn't do as well. The NFL benefits the most. They get a free training ground and free marketing. 

I like NIL but I'm not sure if it continues on the current path if I will like CFB as much. Many of the things I liked are changing it into more like the NFL. 

4 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

He did something for himself. And Deion is a **** good salesman 

I don’t care how good he is. If he was at FSU I’d get it. Just think he’s putting himself at a disadvantage. Deion himself even said those schools can’t provide proper nutrition and training needed.

1 hour ago, GAbred said:

I don't think the schools need the best players. If there were lesser players playing I think people would still watch. I point to basketball which quality wise is not good but they are making plenty of money. Minor league football wouldn't do as well. The NFL benefits the most. They get a free training ground and free marketing. 

I like NIL but I'm not sure if it continues on the current path if I will like CFB as much. Many of the things I liked are changing it into more like the NFL. 

We disagree. Because these TV deals are worth millions because of the type of players that’s getting watch. You’re speaking from a regional standpoint. When Bama was average before Saban got there nobody outside of the state of Alabama and Georgia was watching. You think people in Florida or California care about watching a Vandy vs South Carolina game? Those games are never ABC prime time games. That’s what you’re looking at if the best players don’t play. It’s going to be up to state laws or maybe even Federal law to regulate it unfortunately. NCAA can’t because they know they will get sued. They are trying to avoid going back in front of the Supreme Court. I don’t blame them

1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I don’t care how good he is. If he was at FSU I’d get it. Just think he’s putting himself at a disadvantage. Deion himself even said those schools can’t provide proper nutrition and training needed.

Some people like the road less traveled. I love the fact he spurned FSU. Makes me all giddy inside 😎

2 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

I’m trying to figure out how is it good for college football that Bryce Young got a 1 million dollar NIL as a freshman that didn’t prove anything and before he was ever a starter but it’s bad for Travis Hunter to get one before he was ever a starter?🤔 The hypocrisy from Saban is crazy because I have seen proof of Bama paying players to sign with them. So it can’t be that Jackson State paid him to come there. Bama offered Sua Cravens money to come visit

The difference is that the NIL deal Young got was not part of his recruitment. This is the whole point that Saban is making and everyone is caught up in how much they hate Saban, the messenger, that they are missing the message.

There is absolutely no way the Al's, GA's, TN's, OS's can compete with the money in NILs with A&M and UT, that's just the facts. Saban is calling out the NILs because he know this and knows it will hurt Bama, and yes other teams too. Everyone knows what happened with A&M this year and Jackson State, Saban just had the guts to say it and yes he is in the position to say it too.

Go ahead and hate the messenger, but do you really hate the message?

6 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

The difference is that the NIL deal Young got was not part of his recruitment. This is the whole point that Saban is making and everyone is caught up in how much they hate Saban, the messenger, that they are missing the message.

There is absolutely no way the Al's, GA's, TN's, OS's can compete with the money in NILs with A&M and UT, that's just the facts. Saban is calling out the NILs because he know this and knows it will hurt Bama, and yes other teams too. Everyone knows what happened with A&M this year and Jackson State, Saban just had the guts to say it and yes he is in the position to say it too.

As I said early Saban is correct on his comments on Deion and Texas A&M.  I think you have people who love Deion for some reason and hate saban and this gets in the way of what the message is.  NIL was not at all about recruitment enticement.  That is still against the ncaa rules.  You have some people who believe players should be getting paid and I agree, but they don't believe any rules should be in place and it should be the wild wild west and they want that which is ridiculous.  I am no saban fan especially when discussing the buying of recruits which he has done plenty at Alabama, but his message was dead on and it was delivered with a purpose.  He is talking for a ton of coaches who feel the exact same way.  Jimbo looked like a freaking moron in his press conference yesterday and deion did his usual in his pathetic response.  Texas A&M messaging is just a joke.  They said only 1 player got a nil, but then admitted yesterday that other players from that recruiting class got nil's which they will received when they enroll in classes and get on campus and they got deals in the millions per a&m..  People need to remove the name nick saban out of the equation and just focus on the message and he is dead on with it.  I have seen people call for congress to get more involved.. LOL.. Really what has even been helped by self serving politicians in congress getting involved in something like this.  IMO this is what needs to happen:  the NCAA is done away with.  the remaining leagues get together and name a commissioner to handle everything and have nick saban retire and become the first commissioner.  Nick Saban cares about the game of football.  He has the power and the ability to really work on change that is best for the game.  Something needs to change very quickly because college football is heading down a path that will only lead to it dissolving into something that isn't sustainable long term. 

45 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Saban is the wrong messenger because Bama has paid players to come. Amari Cooper, Jacorey Brooks,Derrick Henry,Calvin Ridley. Outside of Henry none of those players would have went to Bama without money. Everyone of them hate Tuscaloosa the city. And this is what I know for a 100% fact because I personally know either them or family of theirs. Saban didn’t hate money being tied for recruiting when it was illegal. Shouldn't hate it now. A&M is playing it correctly if you ask me. They have oil money and it goes long. It’s like a bad parent calling someone else a bad parent. You both are bad parents and shouldn’t talk. 

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

We disagree. Because these TV deals are worth millions because of the type of players that’s getting watch. You’re speaking from a regional standpoint. When Bama was average before Saban got there nobody outside of the state of Alabama and Georgia was watching. You think people in Florida or California care about watching a Vandy vs South Carolina game? Those games are never ABC prime time games. That’s what you’re looking at if the best players don’t play. It’s going to be up to state laws or maybe even Federal law to regulate it unfortunately. NCAA can’t because they know they will get sued. They are trying to avoid going back in front of the Supreme Court. I don’t blame them

I just thinks its relative. There will be better players, even if the "best" players go to play in a league outside of CFB. I wasn't meaning if the best players went to other schools.

Does the G-League do as well as college basketball? Minors as well as College Baseball? etc...? The school affiliation brings a larger portion to the table than the players in the relationship when it comes to team sports. 

27 minutes ago, GAbred said:

I just thinks its relative. There will be better players, even if the "best" players go to play in a league outside of CFB. I wasn't meaning if the best players went to other schools.

Does the G-League do as well as college basketball? Minors as well as College Baseball? etc...? The school affiliation brings a larger portion to the table than the players in the relationship when it comes to team sports. 

Only if the school is good. When Bama was going 8-4 and 7-5 nobody cared to watch them and you never saw them on prime time TV. Just like USC when is the last time you saw them on prime time? But when Pete Carroll was there they were ALWAYS on because they had the star power athletes. I only watch college basketball during March Madness and I only watch Minor league baseball that’s affiliated with the Braves. I don’t watch g league or college baseball so I’m ignorant to them. 

42 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Saban is the wrong messenger because Bama has paid players to come. Amari Cooper, Jacorey Brooks,Derrick Henry,Calvin Ridley. Outside of Henry none of those players would have went to Bama without money. Everyone of them hate Tuscaloosa the city. And this is what I know for a 100% fact because I personally know either them or family of theirs. Saban didn’t hate money being tied for recruiting when it was illegal. Shouldn't hate it now. A&M is playing it correctly if you ask me. They have oil money and it goes long. It’s like a bad parent calling someone else a bad parent. You both are bad parents and shouldn’t talk. 

And what proof do you have that these players were paid? None, but go ahead and say what you want. Maybe they came to Bama because Bama was winning NC's and Saban is a great coach. With Kirby winning, and winning a NC, do you want people to start saying GA is paying players to come to there because they are recruiting great players? 

You just hate Saban and can't see past that, that's fine. But when players start to bypass playing at GA because they get a NIL deal to play at UT, I think you might see that he was right.