Nick Saban says jimbo bought all of his players.. also calls out deion sanders and miami

Interesting read

After USC and UCLA announced their entrances into the Big Ten, college football fans in the south have wondered what it means for the SEC.

Jim Donnan shared his informed opinion on the evolving structure of college football conferences on Tuesday’s episode of UGASports LIVE.

“There are going to be two, at least 20-team conferences between the Big Ten and the SEC,” Donnan said.

The former Georgia head coach then named the four teams he has heard are on their way to the SEC.

“Miami, Florida State, Clemson, and North Carolina are going to be in the SEC pretty quick,” he said.

https://uga.rivals.com/news/jim-donnan-predicts-which-teams-are-joining-the-sec-next

43 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Interesting read

After USC and UCLA announced their entrances into the Big Ten, college football fans in the south have wondered what it means for the SEC.

Jim Donnan shared his informed opinion on the evolving structure of college football conferences on Tuesday’s episode of UGASports LIVE.

“There are going to be two, at least 20-team conferences between the Big Ten and the SEC,” Donnan said.

The former Georgia head coach then named the four teams he has heard are on their way to the SEC.

“Miami, Florida State, Clemson, and North Carolina are going to be in the SEC pretty quick,” he said.

https://uga.rivals.com/news/jim-donnan-predicts-which-teams-are-joining-the-sec-next

This is probably the best case for the SEC. I'd much rather Miami than the UVA rumor that I saw earlier today.

8 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Hey, we are the villain of CFB. Enjoy it while it lasts. It won’t last forever. 

I honestly love people hating Alabama. It just makes it more fun to win. The day people stop coming up with catchy phrases or making jokes about the score after beating Alabama will be the day I know this is all over. Let’s just enjoy the ride and enjoy being the evil empire. I remember when I was in school we always LOVED reading the hate. 

Is this about people hating Alabama, it about people like Bama Bird Lady that thinks Alabama is 100% clean and honest? 

5 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Is this about people hating Alabama, it about people like Bama Bird Lady that thinks Alabama is 100% clean and honest? 

Alabama is clean and honest for sure!!! Never paid anyone in history!! Nope. Not ever 

9 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I'm really sorry that you didn't read what I said. I said numerous times that every program, including Alabama, is not clean and that under table deals were/are happening every single day.  And I said that head coaches, Saban or Kirby, don't have their hands in on the dirty deals, they want plausible deniability.  It is foolish to think that a head coach would want to know about the shady deals.

You have chosen to not hear my message just like you chose to not hear Saban's. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2022 at 5:54 PM, RandomFan said:

Thought this might be of interest to those in this thread. This is from a respected and known poster on another site with a solid reputation, so this should be considered most likely trustworthy. Obviously nobody is above lying, but just stating it's not just some random schmo from who-knows-where saying this. 

This is concerning the current situation in recruiting.

Some on here know my background so I won’t go into it other than to say that I am currently a HS recruiting coordinator and have been for several years. And I’m especially connected to the 22’, 23’, 24’ and 25’ classes.

My point being that I know many Dawg fans are frustrated with what is going on in recruiting because of the NIL. It has affected and will continue to affect Georgia’s recruiting.

I expect NIL to significantly affect the recruiting of both Georgia and Alabama in the 23’ and 24’ class much like it did in the 22’ class.

However, without going into detail…I do believe that the newly reorganized NCAA will come up with some solutions where players can continue to receive money for their NIL but not allow schools like TAMU and UT (and others) to completely cheat. (I said it and stand by it)

Coaches like Saban, Kirby, Dabo, Venables, Aranda, Ferentz, Whittingham, Gundy and yes…even Napier…absolutely hate the idea of paying unproven players…I.e. recruits. Those are powerful names.

And I’ll go ahead and say it… Jimbo, Sark and a few others have sold their souls to the devil.

And before someone throws out that schools have been cheating forever…it didn’t happen as often as people believe, and when it did, it was a few hundred here, a couple thousand there or find Uncle Billy a good job. Even the money in the rare Cam Newton or Ole Miss situations weren’t even close to what is happening now.

I’ve personally met every head coach in the Big 12 and every coach in the SEC (other than Stoops and Kelly) and none of them are happy with the current state of college football. Behind the scenes they are demanding changes.

The dust will eventually settle. In the meantime Georgia…and unfortunately Bama…will still sign great recruiting classes. But no doubt there will be parity.

But once realistic rules are in place…Georgia and unfortunately Bama (as long as Saban is there) will once again dominate recruiting. They are just simply better at it.

I can explain what separates those two schools in recruiting in a different post for those that are interested.

Ask him what separates Bama and UGA in recruiting from other schools...I want to see that post. 

30 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

Ask him what separates Bama and UGA in recruiting from other schools...I want to see that post. 

Don't need to, we have known this for a while already. Its not rocket science, most schools just don't dedicate the resources required. It's the combination of a few things. 

First, it's the size and budget of the recruiting staff and personnel. What Saban brought to Bama was an insistence on out spending and out working every other program in recruiting. There were only 10 on-field coaches allowed on staff, but the off-field support staff is only limited by how much you want to spend. The size of Sabans first support staff was unheard of when he came to Bama. They do a lot of the legwork such as gather info on recruits, send out letters, build relationships with family members, etc...to tee things up for the on-field coach to maximize their recruiting time. 

As Sabans best recruiter at Bama, Kirby brought that same recruiting machine with him to UGA. And let's face it, Kirby and Saban are the two best recruiters in college football even without all that extra help. And they both put ridiculous amounts of time in on the trail. They both also prioritize hiring coaches that are exceptional recruiters.

It also helps that both are at blueblood programs that have inherent recruiting advantages built in.

As I said, it's not rocket science. It's just the level of commitment both financially and out working everyone else. I'm guessing you were looking for something along the lines of "their bag men out payed everyone else." I'm not sorry to disappoint you, but that has never been the case. Sure they played the game like every other major program, but that is not where they were outspending other programs.

2 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Don't need to, we have known this for a while already. Its not rocket science, most schools just don't dedicate the resources required. It's the combination of a few things. 

First, it's the size and budget of the recruiting staff and personnel. What Saban brought to Bama was an insistence on out spending and out working every other program in recruiting. There were only 10 on-field coaches allowed on staff, but the off-field support staff is only limited by how much you want to spend. The size of Sabans first support staff was unheard of when he came to Bama. They do a lot of the legwork such as gather info on recruits, send out letters, build relationships with family members, etc...to tee things up for the on-field coach to maximize their recruiting time. 

As Sabans best recruiter at Bama, Kirby brought that same recruiting machine with him to UGA. And let's face it, Kirby and Saban are the two best recruiters in college football even without all that extra help. And they both put ridiculous amounts of time in on the trail. They both also prioritize hiring coaches that are exceptional recruiters.

It also helps that both are at blueblood programs that have inherent recruiting advantages built in.

As I said, it's not rocket science. It's just the level of commitment both financially and out working everyone else. I'm guessing you were looking for something along the lines of "their bag men out payed everyone else." I'm not sorry to disappoint you, but that has never been the case. Sure they played the game like every other major program, but that is not where they were outspending other programs.

No, this is exactly what I was looking for.  Thank you.  I'm sure some other guys will give you flack because "their cousin from Florida knows for a fact Saban is paying players" or something like that.

1 hour ago, abcranford2 said:

No, this is exactly what I was looking for.  Thank you.  I'm sure some other guys will give you flack because "their cousin from Florida knows for a fact Saban is paying players" or something like that.

No need for your buffoonery. Nobody called anyone else innocent. We're just saying that Dirty Nick needs to hush.