Summer 2022 UGA Recruiting Thread

what are the thoughts on where we end up in the recruiting rankings>? i recall reading an article on yahoo commenting on how UGA and bama are behind in recruiting. is that the case? i am not that up to par on how recruiting works, so i lean on you all to educate me. 

On 7/9/2022 at 2:57 AM, RandomFan said:

we come up with a likely list of:

• any day now - ILB - Raylen Wilson
  • 16 - ILB – T. Bowles
  • 17 - RB - J. Haynes
  • 19 – NT – J. Jarrett
  • 22 – OL - K. Smith
  • 23 – S – J. Aguero

6 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Boom!!! Lb Bowles commits..

Yep, check another name off. Huge pick up. 

It appears Haynes has pushed back his commitment to his original August date. Doesn't appear to be anything wrong there, probably just trying to spread out the commit juice a little better. 

Whoa whoa whoa, Justice Haynes commits to Bama... coaching staff uis in shock since he's been a silent forever and recently filmed a commitment video to UGA with a rumored special guest Quavo. 

It probably means we are going to land Richard Young now, but still... one of the weirdest things I've ever seen in recruiting. 

If Haynes committed to Bama due to anger over his commitment video info being leaked, just wow. Who knows if that's really true, but some people claiming to be close to him are saying that, and it honestly is one of the few things that would make any amount of sense of this situation after he's been considered a Dawg lock for nearly a year. 

If true, we at least still have time to calm him down and flip him back. Committing to Bama out of anger or spite isn't the wisest decision, but these are 17 and 18 year old kids and are still prone to mistakes in judgement. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2022 at 3:34 PM, SacFalcFan said:

Class of 2024 running back Tovani Mizell has committed to the University of Georgia.  Terrific pickup. 

He's trying to reclassify and become our 2023 RB signee after losing out on Haynes, got the green light to do so from Kirby and Monken. He won't be able to Early Enroll and there is still a lot of classwork to be done, but that is his goal as of right now. 

EDIT TO ADD: SoFL dropped a post today about our RB situation. 

Quick note and bold prediction. Our bye week before fu is when we historically see a shift to a younger player that has earned the trust of staff.

By the time that game rolls around, Andrew Paul will be RB3. From that point on, he’ll be second on the team in carries. Kenny will get his touches but Paul will carry the rock more. The safer bet today is that Paul will be our leading rusher in 23. He is #next.

48 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

He's trying to reclassify and become our 2023 RB signee after losing out on Haynes, got the green light to do so from Kirby and Monken. He won't be able to Early Enroll and there is still a lot of classwork to be done, but that is his goal as of right now. 

EDIT TO ADD: SoFL dropped a post today about our RB situation. 

I doubt he gets more carries than the top two unless he gets lots of mop up duty which i would be happy with.

• 3 weeks later...