Summer 2022 UGA Recruiting Thread

3 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Mcelderry decommits.. not surprising.  I was surprised it took this long. 

Yep. It spurred a small update from SoFL:

Recruiting is fluid. This post may come off as overly negative but remember, there’s always a positive on the other side even if you don’t read about that today.

Since McElderry started to get the ball rolling here, let’s dump the rest of the perceived negative news.

As of today, I no longer expect us to land Anthony Evans. Been sitting on another name not brought to the board yet but is an Evans like player with speed and currently committed. I do also expect Raymond Cottrell to decommit from UGA. It’s the UGA way to have one of our more active “social media recruiters” decommit from the class. Shouldn’t be too worried there if that happens.

Seven Cloud will not sign with UGA.

I continue to hear that Bo Hughley is a fight behind the scenes and we’re treating him as though he’s uncommitted. We will see there. The buzz on Samson Okunlola is dead from my primary source; chalk it up to a visit high. Monroe Freeling is the tackle most likely to fill the class as of today. It was unclear how much he was being prioritized previously. He’s a major target atm.

Positive post will take place mid week next week. We have stock up on WR and DL specifically.

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

Another big 2024 commit for UGA.. This time Landen Thomas #1 TE.. Hartley is a freaking beast. 

Yep, I think they are trying to get some targets on board to help induce the QB Sayin commitment to happen this month. And if the 2023 WRs board breaks the right way, or at least the way it looks to SoFL right now, then WHEEEEEEEW! We are in for a treat. But recruiting is fluid. 

5 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

How in the heck is alabama getting longergan and eli?  That makes zero sense. 

We stopped recruiting him completely because we were only taking 1 QB and Arch led our staff to believe he was coming, we all know how that turned out. But Bama has been planning on taking two QB's the whole time and never stopped recruiting him. We tried to touch base after the Arch fiasco, but it was far too late by then. 

8 hours ago, RandomFan said:

We stopped recruiting him completely because we were only taking 1 QB and Arch led our staff to believe he was coming, we all know how that turned out. But Bama has been planning on taking two QB's the whole time and never stopped recruiting him. We tried to touch base after the Arch fiasco, but it was far too late by then. 

I hope he wins a Natty with Bama. Love Kirby but my lord man the in state kid is getting ignored too often here for someone we think is better and we miss out on anyway.

29 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I hope he wins a Natty with Bama. Love Kirby but my lord man the in state kid is getting ignored too often here for someone we think is better and we miss out on anyway.

Never would I ever wish Bama or anyone else to win a natty because of GA kids on the roster. The days of thinking kids should play at UGA because they're instate are out the window IMO. There are UGA legacies who won't even suit up for UGA because they're recruiting nationally for the best they can get. 

10 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Honestly I don't care what Arch was telling our staff.  As a staff you don't put all of your eggs in one basket and then when that player goes elsewhere you don't have legit backup options.  We should be taking a qb in every class and we should have continued to recruit other qbs in the 2023 class.. If Sayin does commit early before the season he can help be a leader for the 2023 class and help with our wr targets as well as oline targets.  Then he will be an important piece of that 2024 class which should be terrific when it comes to skill talent.  Our oline recruiting is hopefully going to be helped by a clear cut #1 qb like Sayin.  I definitely agree Bama taking 2 qbs won't work out well for them longterm.  One of them will transfer, but I think Lonergan could very well end up being drafted if he continues to grow as a baseball player..  Alabama sold him on playing both, but rarely are qbs able to do that.  

1 hour ago, RxDawg said:

Never would I ever wish Bama or anyone else to win a natty because of GA kids on the roster. The days of thinking kids should play at UGA because they're instate are out the window IMO. There are UGA legacies who won't even suit up for UGA because they're recruiting nationally for the best they can get. 

Completely agree.  I can't imagine saying I hope a player UGA didn't get win a title elsewhere.  I have talked about this for many years recruiting has completely changed.  UGA is no longer a regional recruiting power.  We are a national power and have to recruit as such.  It doesn't  matter if a kid is instate or not, we should go after the best of the best.  It is crazy to say we have to take an instate kid and skip on guys like jordan davis, moreno, gurley, Dean, Tindell, etc..  We should take the best guys on our board regardless of location.  Regarding QB it was clear it was Manning or bust with how our staff was recruiting 2023 players.  It might have been a mistake, but if we do get Sayin as most believe and we get him very early like this summer or early fall then he can help with 2023 recruiting and we may be okay.  Time will tell on that. 

2 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Were you saying something? I couldn't hear over the sound of our championship parade. 

That's the price you pay for big game hunting; you'll occasionally have some misses. I'm pretty sure I can live with the results. 

11 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Honestly I don't care what Arch was telling our staff.  As a staff you don't put all of your eggs in one basket and then when that player goes elsewhere you don't have legit backup options.  We should be taking a qb in every class and we should have continued to recruit other qbs in the 2023 class.. If Sayin does commit early before the season he can help be a leader for the 2023 class and help with our wr targets as well as oline targets.  Then he will be an important piece of that 2024 class which should be terrific when it comes to skill talent.  Our oline recruiting is hopefully going to be helped by a clear cut #1 qb like Sayin.  I definitely agree Bama taking 2 qbs won't work out well for them longterm.  One of them will transfer, but I think Lonergan could very well end up being drafted if he continues to grow as a baseball player..  Alabama sold him on playing both, but rarely are qbs able to do that.  

Which should tell you all you need to know about how strongly our staff felt about Arch being  Dawg lock. Have you ever known Kirby to not have a backup plan at ANY position during any recruitment? This was a first time. Probably gonna be the last time too, lol.

Lonergan isn't playing baseball, or at least that's the rumor. 

Makes sense for Bama to take 2 QBs and let them fight it out for the job next year. Sure, one will transfer, but you get a good QB out of it. 

5 hours ago, RxDawg said:

Where did I say he should play here because he’s a GA kid? I’m upset we completely ignored him and Tank when both wanted to be here and we decided to chase the prom Queen with another BF

I assume most of the folks that come to this forum also hit up TnD for regular info too. For those that don't, there were some good nuggets dropped tonight. From SoFL: 

I’ll just say this before @Fowlerstr8dawg helps usher in another relaxing weekend.

I was wrong about Arch. Even now I’m still surprised he’s there. The info is going to bounce back in a major way.

This class is stupid good on paper. There’s a surprise coming for y’all. The set up…

Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

This part isn't from SoFL's source, but from @Fowlerstr8dawg, a newer poster that he vouches for having a legit contact and is taking a more active role on the forum with crootin info. Looks like these next two weeks are about to be bonkers. 

• My guy doesn’t give detailed intel, just yes and no answers. 
  • We lead for Downs 60/40 over Bama despite other reports.
  • Raylen Wilson “should” go Public within the next few days.
  • Justice Haynes is going public July 17 with a special guest in his commitment video.
  • Kelton smith also on the 22nd.
  • These are known targets obviously. There’s other information in the fold that I’ll get the green light to give, but just know that this class will be special. Your looking at pledges for the dates of July 16, 17, 19, 22, and 23. Not including Wilson’s announcement, More to come.

If we take those commitment dates along with who he says is going public, and supplement the empty dates with a known list of when prospects are scheduled to commit, we come up with a likely list of:

• any day now - ILB - Raylen Wilson
  • 16 - ILB – T. Bowles
  • 17 - RB - J. Haynes
  • 19 – NT – J. Jarrett
  • 22 – OL - K. Smith
  • 23 – S – J. Aguero

If all of those come through, that would put us at a class score of 280.67 with only 17 commits (after subtracting Seven Cloud who won't be in our class).

But no idea what the big surprise is. The biggest surprise would obviously be getting back in with one of the top 2023 QB's. Someone like Lonergan or Iamaleava. But that's pure speculation on my part, it could be any number of things.