Summer 2022 UGA Recruiting Thread

5 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Gonna be the best defensive class for sure, maybe ever. But overall, the lack of a QB and no top shelf OLs will drag the grade down on the offensive side. 

BTW to those that might not have heard, we've turned our attention at QB in 2024 to Ryan Puglisi. Our staff apparently has him rated over Julian Sayin and Jadyn Davis, so look for a commitment within the next few months from Pug.

Also, barring major growth from other QBs on the roster, look for Gunner to be the starting QB next season. 

Very Interesting indeed! 🤔

3 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Gonna be the best defensive class for sure, maybe ever. But overall, the lack of a QB and no top shelf OLs will drag the grade down on the offensive side. 

BTW to those that might not have heard, we've turned our attention at QB in 2024 to Ryan Puglisi. Our staff apparently has him rated over Julian Sayin and Jadyn Davis, so look for a commitment within the next few months from Pug.

Also, barring major growth from other QBs on the roster, look for Gunner to be the starting QB next season. 

Our oline IMO always was going to be a few projects and one or 2 really good prospects.  I don't expect much with CSS when it comes to recruiting.  Agreed no QB (it was manning or bust obviously).  I still feel when it comes to meeting our needs we have done one of the best jobs in the country.  I love who we are targeting at rb and wr along with TE.    Defensively this might be the best group we have brought in yet and that says a lot with who we brought in last year.  Gunner is definitely our starter.  

7 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Boom!!  As expected 2024 Cannon for an arm  Ryan Puglisi commits to the Dawgs!!  We got our qb. 

Yep, bigger pickup than some will realize. In case there was ever any doubt that we really like Puglisi, Rusty Mansell said today another 2024 QB tried to commit to us today before the Puglisi announcement, and we refused to take the commitment. Multiple places have confirmed that QB was Julian Sayin. 

Look for Pug to skyrocket up the recruiting rankings before he reaches campus. Obviously nobody is going to pass Raiola, and I'm still pissed at Arch for costing us a very real shot to land that kid, but it seems our staff feels they've landed the 2nd best QB in 2024.  

15 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Yep, bigger pickup than some will realize. In case there was ever any doubt that we really like Puglisi, Rusty Mansell said today another 2024 QB tried to commit to us today before the Puglisi announcement, and we refused to take the commitment. Multiple places have confirmed that QB was Julian Sayin. 

Look for Pug to skyrocket up the recruiting rankings before he reaches campus. Obviously nobody is going to pass Raiola, and I'm still pissed at Arch for costing us a very real shot to land that kid, but it seems our staff feels they've landed the 2nd best QB in 2024.  

So we turned down 5* Sayin in favor of 3* Puglisi? I've seen Puglisi's highlights... very good, but nothing spectacular. There's got to be more to this story.

33 minutes ago, LawDawg said:

So we turned down 5* Sayin in favor of 3* Puglisi? I've seen Puglisi's highlights... very good, but nothing spectacular. There's got to be more to this story.

He is now 3rd rated qb in one site.  He is a great prospect.  His ranking will go up on all sites.  Our staff already accepted Puglis's commitment on Friday.  

14 hours ago, LawDawg said:

The "more" going on is Monken and the rest of our staff think Puglisi is a better QB than Sayin - that's it. He was offered 10 minutes into his private without with us; was also offered by Bama and Kiffin at Ole Miss.

Don't get caught up in the 3 star vs 5 star shenanigans. Recruiting services are even more prone to error than the NFL draft. 

On 10/18/2022 at 4:45 AM, RandomFan said:

The "more" going on is Monken and the rest of our staff think Puglisi is a better QB than Sayin - that's it. He was offered 10 minutes into his private without with us; was also offered by Bama and Kiffin at Ole Miss.

Don't get caught up in the 3 star vs 5 star shenanigans. Recruiting services are even more prone to error than the NFL draft. 

Yep. And he isn't looking for $$$ before he ever takes a snap in college ball either.  On that $$$ note...  also expecting Peal commits to Dawgs tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Yep. Peal will be the cherry on top of what is likely to be the best DB class at UGA ever. 

Even for non-Dawg fans, if they know college football they have to pay proper respect for what Kirby has built in Athens. Truly an amazing accomplishment in this current era of college ball to have a team that is about TEAM, not ME. And it appears that the program continues to grow and mature in that aspect. Amazing work.

1 hour ago, PapaJoe said:

Even for non-Dawg fans, if they know college football they have to pay proper respect for what Kirby has built in Athens. Truly an amazing accomplishment in this current era of college ball to have a team that is about TEAM, not ME. And it appears that the program continues to grow and mature in that aspect. Amazing work.

Meh, I get what you are saying and to an extent you have a point. But let's not blow it out of proportion. There is a TON of work that goes on behind the scenes to keep a bunch of these kids bought in, including some sizeable NIL payments to keep certain kids from transferring in the offseason. With so much talent and depth on the roster almost none of these kids are exactly happy with the production or snaps they recieve, but our staff does a great job of helping them keep things in perspective and stop it from boiling over, for the most part. 

But yeah, getting rid of the Brenton Cox's of the world goes a long way towards allowing that to happen. 

4 hours ago, PapaJoe said:

I agree, Kirby had to work very hard to get the culture. I remember a lot of team issues before our Florida game during Fromms last year as QB. 

• 2 weeks later...