Very interesting opinion here—>

ADAMSVILLE GYM

Wasn't Fontenot in charge of pro scouting with the Aints? Maybe we have a guy running the front office who strongly believes in knowing who is available who can provide what Arthur Smith is looking for. Patterson was a good start last season. TD had a few hits like Mack and Levitre, but a lot of misses in that regard.

11 minutes ago, Doctor Kildare said:

Wasn't Fontenot in charge of pro scouting with the Aints? Maybe we have a guy running the front office who strongly believes in knowing who is available who can provide what Arthur Smith is looking for. Patterson was a good start last season. TD had a few hits like Mack and Levitre, but a lot of misses in that regard.

I’d wager Kyle Shanahan was behind those acquisitions. 

30 minutes ago, Doctor Kildare said:

Turner Gonzalez though like Levitre via trade.Chester Gabriel Sanu to name a few others.

News flash every FO misses.You just gotta hope there’s more hits than misses.

7 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Turner Gonzalez though like Levitre via trade.Chester Gabriel Sanu to name a few others.

News flash every FO misses.You just gotta hope there’s more hits than misses.

TD had plenty of hits but you hope that the misses are not on large contracts that later = Dead money. That is what really screws you.

TD handed out fat deals left and right without a care in the world for the cap both with current players getting resigned and with FA deals. Constant dead money and mistakes and his solution to it every year was to push back money on the biggest deals down the road. 

Obviously with our cap restraints the these past 2 off-season's TF has been very 'cheap' but I hope he remains that way even when we do have cap space. Be very cautious about giving out those big deals to anyone unless its a vital player to the success of the team and theirs little to no risk in that player being a waste of our cap and later being dead money. Take those cheap flyer 1-2 year deals all day long instead.

7 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

TD had plenty of hits but you hope that the misses are not on large contracts that later = Dead money. That is what really screws you.

TD handed out fat deals left and right without a care in the world for the cap both with current players getting resigned and with FA deals. Constant dead money and mistakes and his solution to it every year was to push back money on the biggest deals down the road. 

Obviously with our cap restraints the these past 2 off-season's TF has been very 'cheap' but I hope he remains that way even when we do have cap space. Be very cautious about giving out those big deals to anyone unless its a vital player to the success of the team and theirs little to no risk in that player being a waste of our cap and later being dead money. Take those cheap flyer 1-2 year deals all day long instead.

Agreed some of the extensions and FAs signed were head scratchers.The worst in my eyes off the top of my head Sam Bakers extension,Dunta Robinson Ray Edwards.The latter Brown and Carpenter FA signings buried him.

Covid also didn’t help his cause in the end.As alot of these deals were structured around future cap projections so when the mentioned hit they didn’t help his or the teams cause.

In his defense the way he built this team his final record of 113 wins and 95 losses with half of those seasons making the playoffs and NFCCG appearances and what should have been at least 1 SB win possibly 2 I believe his tenure is being judged a bit unfairly.

The WR position is looking decidedly different than a month ago. I know we have to wait to see what these guys do on the field but a Wide Receiver room of London, Edwards, Tate, Byrd, OZ and maybe Tyshaun James isn’t bad at all. Now the coaches have to develop these guys and help them elevate from potential to the players they envision. 

CCD62959-5D0F-470F-8A7A-961130D90966.jpeg

Just now, FA91 said:

As far as some of those bad contracts TD gets the blame for, if my memory serves my correctly, AB went walking through the locker room and pointed at dudes....you gonna be a Falcon for life......you gonna be one....and you, you gonna be one too. Kinda hard to negotiate after that.

Let em walk then if he could not negotiate a fair deal. He's the GM at the end of the day no matter what AB said to them

14 hours ago, Doctor Kildare said:

TD had a few hits like Mack and Levitre, but a lot of misses in that regard.

I’m not a TD basher by any means, but I wouldn’t call Mack and Levitre “hits”, or at least I wouldn’t give TD credit for them because each were already probowlers before coming to Atlanta. Levitre’s rep had suffered due to signing a big money contract with TN and not living up to that deal, mostly due to a change in schemes. But TD recognized Levitre would be asked to play in the wide zone here, just like he did earlier in his career. So those were known commodities that TD acquired. 

On 5/14/2022 at 2:58 PM, kiwifalcon said:

Agreed some of the extensions and FAs signed were head scratchers.The worst in my eyes off the top of my head Sam Bakers extension,Dunta Robinson Ray Edwards.The latter Brown and Carpenter FA signings buried him.

Covid also didn’t help his cause in the end.As alot of these deals were structured around future cap projections so when the mentioned hit they didn’t help his or the teams cause.

In his defense the way he built this team his final record of 113 wins and 95 losses with half of those seasons making the playoffs and NFCCG appearances and what should have been at least 1 SB win possibly 2 I believe his tenure is being judged a bit unfairly.

This. We should’ve made 2 super bowl appearances and should’ve won at least 1. If you look at it like that, TD wasn’t horrible. 

14 hours ago, Doctor Kildare said:

What about Turner?  Probably his biggest hit in FA.  

If the Edwards trade can replace the production we lost in Gage then it is 100% a homerun.  He seems to be more talented than Gage but has yet to put it together.  Seems to be a good dice roll.  Sometimes you can find players who are just victims their own circumstances due to a sudden coaching change.  Edwards may be such a case.  

3 minutes ago, autigerfan said:

If the Edwards trade can replace the production we lost in Gage then it is 100% a homerun.  He seems to be more talented than Gage but has yet to put it together.  Seems to be a good dice roll.  Sometimes you can find players who are just victims their own circumstances due to a sudden coaching change.  Edwards may be such a case.  

Just hope Edwards can stay healthy --- that's been a hindrance as well...