Falcons acquiring Raiders WR Bryan Edwards

2 minutes ago, jetpac said:

All facts.

I went back to look at the 93 yarder (I originally said 99) Zach had few years back, I was wrong. It was a clean catch. I initially thought he bobbled the catch. I watched the slo mo and saw that it was a clean hand switch. 

40 minutes ago, hjerry said:

So Drake gets mentioned for this year, but no mention of adding Pitts last year? Also had Ridley last year but not this year, and as far as adding more FAs, kinda has to do with having a lot more cap flexibility than we had last year with the reduced cap

Pitts is a unicorn and all, but that was a clear hubris pick.  At #4, there were a lot of guys that could have been considered BPA that could have helped us like Parsons rushing the passer to keep our crap defense off of the field more, or one of the top OT's that could have played LG, but hindsight is 20/20 . . .

8 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Pitts is a unicorn and all, but that was a clear hubris pick.  At #4, there were a lot of guys that could have been considered BPA that could have helped us like Parsons rushing the passer to keep our crap defense off of the field more, or one of the top OT's that could have played LG, but hindsight is 20/20 . . .

Without Pitts Ryan could have had ten minutes every play and still wouldn't have found anyone open. Parsons would do well for us on defense but Pitts wasn't a bad pick even in hindsight. 

1 hour ago, Bridgeburner said:

You could literally line up. London on one side, Edwards on the other. Pitts In Tight, and an I formation in the backfield of Patterson and Algiere. The defense has no idea what the play is. And you have 4 pieces you can move around pre snap to get the matchup they want.

Unfortunately the OL still has to block.

2 hours ago, stizz said:

Darby seems like a great guy and a great story, but he's going to have make something happen in the preseason.

He's fine. The new organization drafted him. It'd be different if he was from the old regime.

Realistically, we just benefited from the regime change with the Raiders. They had a player who didn't fit their system and took whatever they could get for him. Meanwhile, he's perfect for what we want to accomplish.

The most important takeaway here is that the previous coaching staff, the group that had the most familiarity with him, really like him. And we just got him for the equivalent of a 6th round pick. This guy might lead our team in yardage this year.

52 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Without Pitts Ryan could have had ten minutes every play and still wouldn't have found anyone open. Parsons would do well for us on defense but Pitts wasn't a bad pick even in hindsight. 

We still had those type of moments with Pitts anyway.

1 hour ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I don't even care if we outright release him and take a big cap hit, the cap is huge next year.  He doesn't fit our mold, and clearly doesn't want to be here.

I want to keep Ridley :ninja:

With the previous Falcons regime we had all sort of speedsters to get down the field with the deep threats and all. But when they got into the red zone where it's compressed we had a hard time scoring.

Now we have all the heights to better score in the red zone but we don't have the speed to get there.  LOL

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

That boy swole

"Hey Bryan, welcome to the Falcons! Here is the weight room to the left. Speaking of, we had a teammate last year who only worked his legs in the weight room. Somehow his thighs went viral. Weird, right?" 

Bryan: "Thighs huh? I tell you this, yall better step your arm game up or else Get outta here!" 

*Bryan rips off shirt Hulk style*

Edited by ATL Fan in the DMV

3 hours ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Wondering the terms probably a cheap swap since he’s still on his rookie deal 

Scott Bair

Falcons Digital Managing Editor

The Falcons have acquired receiver Bryan Edwards in a trade with the Las Vegas Raiders, the team announced on Friday afternoon.

The third-year pro was moved to Atlanta for a swap of 2023 NFL Draft picks, with the Falcons giving up a fifth-round pick for Edwards and a seventh-rounder from the Raiders.

The South Carolina productive was a productive Raider in 2021 particularly, recording 34 receptions for 571 yards and three touchdowns. He's always been a big-play threat, averaging 17.0 yards per reception over his two professional seasons.

Edwards (6-foot-3) also adds more size to a group of pass catchers already featuring tight end Kyle Pitts (6-6) and receivers Drake London (6-4) and Auden Tate (6-5).

RELATED CONTENT:

The Edwards acquisition continues a remodeling of the pass-catching corps over the last 12 months, a stretch during which Julio Jones was traded, Russell Gage left in free agency and Calvin Ridley was suspended.

Pitts was a major addition, even as a tight end. London was the central part of the receiver overhaul, coming as this year's No. 8 overall draft pick.

The rest of the position group includes players working on one year deals, with Olamide Zaccheaus the only returning regular contributor.

Edwards, just 23 years old, could be a longer-term addition to a young core of skill players. He's primarily an outside receiver, while Pitts and London can move around the formation.

The Falcons suddenly have a decent amount of offensive firepower, with Cordarrelle Patterson, Damien Williams and newcomer Tyler Allgeier working out of the backfield.

They'll all work with veteran Marcus Mariota, the current front runner to start at quarterback, a mobile passer motivated to regain status as an established starter.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

I just haven't seen any growth from him personally. The year before when he had the 99 yard touchdown, he almost muffed that. He struggled getting open that season and it continued into last season. He's someone who the defense will forget about completely and ends up wide open but you're cringing in hopes that he doesn't let it bounce off his hands. If he shows improvement in the preseason and earns it, cool. But don't just keep him because of the tender

Roger that, his in ability to beat press was glaring. Kind of reminded me of W Robinson from Kentucky and Bell from Purdue, who I know lots of peeps were down past draft with but can see them getting smothered in pros off the line.

Hes those guys IMO and we would be stoked to have. 

1 minute ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Roger that, his in ability to beat press was glaring. Kind of reminded me of W Robinson from Kentucky and Bell from Purdue, who I know lots of peeps were down past draft with but can see them getting smothered in pros off the line.

Hes those guys IMO and we would be stoked to have. 

True

2 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

"Hey Braylon, welcome to the Falcons! Here is the weight room to the left. Speaking of, we had a teammate last year who only worked his legs in the weight room. Somehow his thighs went viral. Weird, right?" 

Braylon: "Thighs huh? I tell you this, yall better step your arm game up or else Get outta here!" 

*Braylon rips off shirt Hulk style*

😂

15 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

We still had those type of moments with Pitts anyway.

That's like saying 'Ryan still got sacked' if we went OL or 'We still allowed some points' if we went defense. It would have been way worse without Pitts.