Falcons acquiring Raiders WR Bryan Edwards

25 minutes ago, Jesus said:

2021: Matt we love that you're here. But first we're trading Julio and giving you some walk-ons to catch the ball. Also did you meet Jaylen? He's never actually played guard before. Oh yeah here's a back up running back to start. You know how we feel about you 

2022: Marcus, you're here. We're going to draft a WR at 8 and make some trades to fill out the receiver room. Oh we're also gonna sign some completion for the o-line and draft a running back.

So Drake gets mentioned for this year, but no mention of adding Pitts last year? Also had Ridley last year but not this year, and as far as adding more FAs, kinda has to do with having a lot more cap flexibility than we had last year with the reduced cap

Just now, OrthoPTSD said:

Oh my the plot thickens then.

But, he is a different type of receiver, and has a year in the system, something that every acquisition who jumped him does not have 

I just haven't seen any growth from him personally. The year before when he had the 99 yard touchdown, he almost muffed that. He struggled getting open that season and it continued into last season. He's someone who the defense will forget about completely and ends up wide open but you're cringing in hopes that he doesn't let it bounce off his hands. If he shows improvement in the preseason and earns it, cool. But don't just keep him because of the tender

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I think he's very similar, ditto with Treylon Burks. Thought we'd get a WR in that mold. I'm guessing a 4th, anything less is fantastic. Legit #2 option and Mariota may have some chemistry (haven't seen anyone mention that)

Gave up a 5th For Edwards and a 7th round pick. That IS fantastic considering we’ll get at least a 3rd for Riddley if he’s reinstated after next season.

Edited by TheRisen999

5 minutes ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Kyle Pitts 6'6. 245 lbs.  33.5 inch vertical jump. 

Auden Tate 6'5. 228 lbs. 31 inch vertical jump.

Drake London 6'4. 219 lbs. 31 inch vertical jump. 

Bryan Edwards 6'3. No  recorded vertical jump. 

All Go Route. This is Madden in real life. 

I think this is the point when it crosses over from being a type to being a fetish.

5 minutes ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

37" for Edwards. London is much higher than 31", has sick basketball hops and dunking prowess.

11 minutes ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

I always have to laugh when I see Pitts size, it's like a create a player in Madden.

4 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

This draft capital can be easily replenished when Ridley gets back from suspension via a trade.

TF and co still have cards to play next year including the FA gold mine.

Theoretically but I honestly wouldn't expect anything from really. Whether it be on the field play or any sort of trade compensation.

I honestly don't think he steps foot on into a football field again for the NFL.

37 minutes ago, ShoNuff said:

Only the previous GM would make a trade like such....

@ya_boi_j - I mean....the previous GM did acquired the Ravens 3rd string TE for a 2nd rd pick. I understand that Hurst was a former 1st round pick, but you do not give up such a high draft pick for a 3rd string TE. I like Hurst, wish he was still on the Falcons, but did not believe he was worth a 2nd round pick.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Or "Smash Mouth" offense by running ball, like Arthur Smith really wants to do, without bringing in extra TEs all the time. This should set up play-action for big plays down the field.

Edited by ShoNuff
spelling correction

19 minutes ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

I would say we won this round with the Taints of Who can Get the better WR! 

8 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Theoretically but I honestly wouldn't expect anything from really. Whether it be on the field play or any sort of trade compensation.

I honestly don't think he steps foot on into a football field again for the NFL.

I don't even care if we outright release him and take a big cap hit, the cap is huge next year.  He doesn't fit our mold, and clearly doesn't want to be here.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

I don't see the 2 as mutually exclusive. I mean, after the draft it's become very apparent what the front office is trying to do. Before the draft it was still anyone guess on how this team was going to be built going into the future.

Shiiiid, I still don’t know…I’m just along for the ride! 😅

6 minutes ago, ShoNuff said:

@ya_boi_j - I mean....the previous GM did acquired the Ravens 3rd string TE for a 2nd rd pick. I understand that Hurst was a former 1st round pick, but you do not give up such a high draft pick for a 3rd string TE. I like Hurst, wish he was still on the Falcons, but did not believe he was worth a 2nd round pick.

Oh I get it. But it depends on the circumstances surrounding the trade that we don't know publicly. 

The only thing I can imagine is that there were other teams bidding and that there were big plans for him, they just never came to life

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Nice #2 option that could get better. Still only 23 years old. Guessing it was maybe a 4th rounder since we had 2 (Julio trade)

He'll probably play third to Pitts.. Trend here is big receivers who can't really SEPERATE. I mean I like the jump ball game but you need those home run hitters as well.

2 minutes ago, jetpac said:

He'll probably play third to Pitts.. Trend here is big receivers who can't really SEPERATE. I mean I like the jump ball game but you need those home run hitters as well.

Home run hitters are cool but those hands gotta be legit too.