Falcons acquiring Raiders WR Bryan Edwards

12 minutes ago, Doc_Holiday said:

I don’t get the Oz hate. He isn’t great but at the very least he is solid. Is Byrd much better if at all? 

He like the vast majority of all receivers has a very specific niche that he can fill.

The funny thing is is that he has been more productive and very limited time then anyone else in the locker room.

If you look at the wr room and the career TD numbers......OZ is number 1.

- More than likely has some familiarity with Mariota

- Has recent starting experience

- Probably was expecting to be next man up until the Davante Adams trade so maybe has some extra motivation to show the Raiders they didn't need to trade for Adams

All of the above are great things for us. Hope to see the young man continue to put in the work and start to make himself known.

Just now, falconsd56 said:

This is a good move though. .. to be honest I really think that he is the most viable of the guys in the wide receiver room to be an actual number two receiver.

Facts. He was a beast at SC.  Strong hands, high points ball and has speed. Don't think he was utilized correctly in Vegas. 

Posted (edited)

AS has already said multiplicity is what he is looking for. With pre snap movements If both this guy and Drake can play outside and in the slot, when you combine it with pitts and patterson, we could literally run half our offense out of one formation and the defense will never be able to key in on what the play is.

I love this.

Edited by Bridgeburner

2021: Matt we love that you're here. But first we're trading Julio and giving you some walk-ons to catch the ball. Also did you meet Jaylen? He's never actually played guard before. Oh yeah here's a back up running back to start. You know how we feel about you 

2022: Marcus, you're here. We're going to draft a WR at 8 and make some trades to fill out the receiver room. Oh we're also gonna sign some competition for the o-line and draft a running back.

51 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

This is such a weird take. You repeatedly said during the draft you didn't care who we picked because it didn't affect you and you couldn't control it, but now if someone doesn't agree with your interpretation of the team vision they're the one who doesn't care. 

lol thank you, accurate 

We are pretty deadly at WR all of the sudden.. but QB is still a big question mark.  But you could argue we got the #1 QB in the draft.  Its really hard to argue against anything Font has done this offseason.  If it doesnt work, its not going to be a lack of effort.  And you'd have to believe its not going to be for a lack of competent coaching with Arthur at the helm.  Feels good to be a competent organization for once....

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

6'3" 215 lbs. If you don't have an idea of what they are aiming for by now in what their vision is, you really don't care 

I can’t remember who said it while the draft was going on, but I recall someone saying they didn’t see a vision by who we were bringing in. 

I didn’t get a chance to reply but I was going to tell them CLEARLY we are trying to get bigger and more physical.

Ray Charles can see that with Stevie wonders eyes from the grave! 

Just now, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I can’t remember who said it while the draft was going on, but I recall someone saying they didn’t see a vision by who we were bringing in. 

I didn’t get a chance to reply but I was going to tell them CLEARLY we are trying to get bigger and more physical.

Ray Charles can see that with Stevie wonders eyes from the grave! 

Not Ray lol

45 minutes ago, Doc_Holiday said:

I don’t get the Oz hate. He isn’t great but at the very least he is solid. Is Byrd much better if at all? 

I went out on a limb the year Ox was an UDFA in camp, and said he would not only make the team, but could be a #2 some day. Think that vision has come true for the most part, for how ever longer he was a #2 last year and potentially this year.

As for Edwards, he was the #1 at South Carolina, when Samuel was hurt. He was double and triple teamed most of the time, since SC had no other options. This can turn into something special. Remember, I know WRs, got Oz right!

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

6'3" 215 lbs. If you don't have an idea of what they are aiming for by now in what their vision is, you really don't care 

Time to get in on the Lakers fire sale.  We can take care of the whole receiver room in one swoop.