Falcons acquiring Raiders WR Bryan Edwards

1 minute ago, Swayzee said:

Zero accountability, you will never ever see that. 

That being said 5 wins gets you into nothing but the top 5 in the draft.

NFC is weak weak. If Ridder pulls a half of what Russell did his rookie year or Mariota stays healthy, we're in the postseason.

All about our defense. Secondary is the best we've had in a while although I wouldn't let Harris touch the field. Big question comes with pass rush.

16 minutes ago, Goober Pyle said:

I like that we haven’t had receivers block like that since Sanu and Julio.

18 minutes ago, Goober Pyle said:

Route loooks very similar to the routes Julio used to do damage with.Very promising prospect this.

19 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I think he's very similar, ditto with Treylon Burks. Thought we'd get a WR in that mold. I'm guessing a 4th, anything less is fantastic. Legit #2 option and Mariota may have some chemistry (haven't seen anyone mention that)

Was about to ask the samething the familiarity with MM.All in all this is a plus move for the Falcons.

11 minutes ago, Goober Pyle said:

Edwards showed some potential in spots last season. Really feel like in the right situation, with solid coaching to work out a few kinks (crisper route running & better focus to cut down on drops), he might be able to become a very solid contributor & great fit for #2WR. The value of that trade is fantastic IMO.

Really stoked to see the vision TF & AS have for this team.

Just now, Doc_Holiday said:

I don’t get the Oz hate. He isn’t great but at the very least he is solid. Is Byrd much better if at all? 

When you don't understand why people don't like certain players, just ask for the reasoning. That's how good conversations are had. 

3 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Can't see that after we tendered him.

London, Tate, Edwards, Oz, Byrd, Darby

My guess on the top 6.

What am I looking at wrong here? It's the same post June 1st

Screenshot_20220513-161107.jpg

34 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I think he's very similar, ditto with Treylon Burks. Thought we'd get a WR in that mold. I'm guessing a 4th, anything less is fantastic. Legit #2 option and Mariota may have some chemistry (haven't seen anyone mention that)

The Raiders traded Edwards and a 2023 seventh-round pick to the Falcons in exchange for Atlanta's 2023 fifth-round pick, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports

Edwards' draft/combine analysis:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/bryan-edwards/32004544-5715-7935-d52c-2e0bf57adf37

Analysis

By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
Draft Projection
Rounds 3-4
NFL Comparison
David Terrell
Overview
Consistently productive, four-year starter with size to fight for tight-window throws and speed to challenge over the top. Edwards is capable of eluding press for quick releases into routes and strong enough to fight back against grabby coverage at the top of the route. His quick acceleration creates early vertical windows for quarterbacks, but he needs to get better at bodying up and controlling the 50/50 catch space. While he should be able to polish up his route-running, the hands may always be hit or miss. He's a projectable "HWS" (height-weight-speed) prospect with WR2/WR3 potential.
Strengths
  • Very good size and play strength
  • Consistent production against quality SEC competition
  • Used on all three levels by the South Carolina offense
  • Shifty creating space to release against press
  • Sells vertical push to create catch cushion underneath
  • Physical battling route-maulers short and deep
  • Adequate ball tracking downfield
  • Activates quick hands for sudden throws on slants
  • Able finish a crowded catch
Weaknesses
  • Has had issues with focus drops throughout his career
  • Leans into route turns allowing corners to squeeze it
  • Needs to fine-tune his route-running
  • Long-strider with limited suddenness in and out of breaks
  • Can do a better job of using size on 50/50 throws
  • Average wiggle and toughness as catch-and-run option
  • Lack of effort hurt his running game against Georgia

7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

When you don't understand why people don't like certain players, just ask for the reasoning. That's how good conversations are had. 

I don’t care enough to ask and I’m also no interested in a good conversation. I asked a question and if you’re not gonna answer that than the discussion can end here. 

Just now, Doc_Holiday said:

I don’t care enough to ask and I’m also no interested in a good conversation. I asked a question and if you’re not gonna answer that than the discussion can end here. 

🤷🏾‍♂️

Just now, NWFALCON said:

Didn’t know that. Thanks for the heads up

Unless I'm looking at it wrong. No one has responded to the screenshot I posted on the other page so until I'm told otherwise, that's what I'm rolling with 😁

11 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Can't see that after we tendered him.

London, Tate, Edwards, Oz, Byrd, Darby

My guess on the top 6.

Darby seems like a great guy and a great story, but he's going to have make something happen in the preseason. There are other WRs like him on the roster now and if he can't contribute on ST the staff may have to make a tough decision. Which would be unfortunate because dude seems like a great locker room guy.

So we went from having to use Pitts as our #1 to adding a bunch of guys with size at WR, despite the continued absence of Ridley.  I have to imagine this leads to Pitts being flexed out wide less, which is good IMO.  He can create better matchups off of the LOS with OLB's or S matched on him vs split out wide with a CB covering him (even though he has a height advantage on almost all of them anyways).