Tarik Cohen - Amazing read

53 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Absolutely brother.  The world gets to raging online and the TV, and most of us forget how lucky we all are.  Not saying everyone has it exactly the same, but we are for the most part very fortunate to be where we are.  I stay away from ANY news source as most of it is freaking lies or there to piss someone off.  We all have to understand that for the most part, most folks are in this together. 

I haven't watched the news in years, I don't have any social media, either...just can't get into it for some reason. I mean you will see 4 people out to lunch and all 4 of them have their noses in their iPhones and **** its like why did the 4 of you even bother showing up in the same place 🤪

One of my ex's was giving me garbage about the news thing once, and I was just like yeah well if you wanna start off your day with so and so got robbed, car accident etc. be my guest, but I'm on my way to work, that's enough negative press to start my day, you have at it though 😄. I just assume that stuff is happening somewhere, I don't need the particulars.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

Thank you brother!  Its hard to reach out.  One thing I like to share with people is if you notice someone you care about is not themselves, ask.  Stress and Pain manifest differently in everyone.  A guy I worked with a few years back killed himself with a shotgun while his daughter was having her seventh birthday party.  No one saw anything in him to see that he was struggling.  But, when you look back, the signs were there.  Pay attention to those you love.

I agree. A very good friend I grew up with came by my mother's house once to see me. (I moved back home for a while after a bad live-in relationship). He stayed at home with his parents also because he was also dealing with things. We hadn't seen each other in forever but when he came by we talked about EVERYTHING in our lives for almost 3 hours. One thing I wish I would have caught on to was how he kept talking about his ex-girlfriend. He also struggled with a growth disorder his whole life so I don't think that helped any. He seemed so down and depressed. I told him we should chat more often and he agreed. That's the last time I saw him alive as a week later he shot himself in the heart with a pistol. After finding out about his suicide I heard about the things his ex said and did to him. I didn't know he was in THAT deep of depression to contemplating killing himself and if I'd known, I woulda tried to help him as much as I could. I regret that I let him leave my house that day. 

Edited by Hard2BaBirdWachr

On 5/13/2022 at 8:46 AM, Snafu said:

Been saying it since the beginning. Dude made a mistake by betting on HIS OWN team to win a game while he was away. Yea, it was dumb, but it in the grand scheme of things, it's really not that big of a deal. He's not out there hurting people or committing crimes. 

Yeah betting on the Falcons is really dumb 

On 5/13/2022 at 11:55 AM, Mescalito said:

God man.  That was really sad.  I'm hating it for that guy but now I'm seriously rooting for him.  I hope some team picks him up and he tears it up again.  I remember him torching us in his first season.  

Yeah remember him and the Bears running game running to Trufant over and over. Even remember Mike Glennon blocking him out of a play.

On 5/13/2022 at 11:59 AM, Pacific_Falcon said:

I haven't watched the news in years, I don't have any social media, either...just can't get into it for some reason. I mean you will see 4 people out to lunch and all 4 of them have their noses in their iPhones and **** its like why did the 4 of you even bother showing up in the same place 🤪

One of my ex's was giving me garbage about the news thing once, and I was just like yeah well if you wanna start off your day with so and so got robbed, car accident etc. be my guest, but I'm on my way to work, that's enough negative press to start my day, you have at it though 😄. I just assume that stuff is happening somewhere, I don't need the particulars.

Plus the whole not being able to believe anything you hear on the news anymore.

Journalism has turned into activism and I've just given up on it 

On 5/13/2022 at 8:46 AM, Snafu said:

Been saying it since the beginning. Dude made a mistake by betting on HIS OWN team to win a game while he was away. Yea, it was dumb, but it in the grand scheme of things, it's really not that big of a deal. He's not out there hurting people or committing crimes. 

Major facts. The initial reaction to what he did was warranted, especially after it was stated that he left the team for other reasons. But taking time to think about it, he didn't do anything to hurt anyone nor did he end up in jail. He fluked. No other way to put it. No sense in holding that against him really.