Padres @ Braves

Unknøwn

10 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Braves have scheduled an MRI for Acuna. It is taking place today. 

How do you go from being told by a staff member he is fine, to him saying he'll play today, to now getting an MRI....

And is this groin or knee? 

6 minutes ago, Malachore said:

How do you go from being told by a staff member he is fine, to him saying he'll play today, to now getting an MRI....

And is this groin or knee? 

They said his groin is still sore. Acuna is also the guy you have to protect from himself. He openly declared he was ready to play but clearly that wasn't true. 

11 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

They said his groin is still sore. Acuna is also the guy you have to protect from himself. He openly declared he was ready to play but clearly that wasn't true. 

Bowman said he spoke to a staff member on Thursday and was told the same.

2 hours ago, Malachore said:

Still say there is literally no difference between Arcia and Ozuna in LF.

Ozuna literally does nothing well anymore.

I want to be clear that I don't want Ozuna on the team for other reasons, but I also think we should acknowledge he didn't play for 10 months. It's like Freddie with the COVID. It's gonna take some time.

6 minutes ago, jidady said:

I want to be clear that I don't want Ozuna on the team for other reasons, but I also think we should acknowledge he didn't play for 10 months. It's like Freddie with the COVID. It's gonna take some time.

It's not the same talent level but he did play the entire winter league season in the Dominican. So he was at least seeing live pitching. 

32 minutes ago, jidady said:

He played in the Winter League.

He just decided to incite fights with fans instead of learning to not suck.