Red Sox @ Braves

Unknøwn

“Definitely my worst outing, for sure,” said Wright, who gave up six runs in 4 2/3 innings — the same number of runs he allowed in his previous five starts combined — and saw his ERA more than double, from 1.47 to 3.03. “I’m tired of going back to years past because this is this year and I feel like I’m a different pitcher now. But in years past, I don’t get out of the second inning and probably give up a couple more runs for all I know.

“So I think just being able to continue to push through it, find a way to work 4 2/3 innings, I think is really important. Definitely got to learn from that one. Got to learn from the good ones, and you’ve got to learn from the bad ones.”

2 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

My point.. There are no perfect managers out there, and there won't be.  But to call the guy that just led us to the place we wanted to go "arguably a bottom 10 manager in the league"? Come on.. really.. come on..

I bet most can't name half the managers in the league off the top of their head.

Congrats to him for not being a terrible manager for 1 month out of the many years he's been here.

He's been directly responsible for 3 loses this year already with his bullpen usage and I'm not counting last night.

He didn't lead them to a championship. He rode 4 arms like any manager would do in the playoffs. Dave Roberts is also terrible with a ring.

23 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Arbitration just feels like a trap to me. Pretty sure I've said it before but imagine every year you go to your boss and tell them how you think you deserve a raise and they explain to you why you don't. 

Yup. It's an antagonistic process, and the worst part involves situations like this where the two sides aren't far apart. They can't settle once they submit numbers, which is INSANE.

The new CBA did add incentives for players to settle. If you settle without a hearing the money becomes auto guaranteed if you don't make the roster. For example, if Riley went to the hearing and then was cut in Spring, that money isn't guaranteed. If you settle together without the hearing you get that $3.95M or whatever regardless of what happens to you during the season. 

55 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Also been wanting Arcia to get some ABs as well.

They needed to do something with this lineup but hopefully Ronnie is ok and just sore. 

Team is off tomorrow so he gets at least two days off. He was playing so well they got away from the original plan. I'm sure this was a reminder hes still recovering and just needs a break at times. 

2 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Team is off tomorrow so he gets at least two days off. He was playing so well they got away from the original plan. I'm sure this was a reminder hes still recovering and just needs a break at times. 

I've heard it was his groin and not his leg.

6 hours ago, Malachore said:

Congrats to him for not being a terrible manager for 1 month out of the many years he's been here.

He's been directly responsible for 3 loses this year already with his bullpen usage and I'm not counting last night.

He didn't lead them to a championship. He rode 4 arms like any manager would do in the playoffs. Dave Roberts is also terrible with a ring.

Color me shocked you still can't give him credit.