2022 Offseason Look Ahead: Draft/Free Agency/Trades etc

jayu70

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/11/2022 at 8:01 PM, jayu70 said:

Nate better add some creative wrinkles to his offense. It can't be Trae's turn, Murray's turn just ISOing.

Our Offense and for that matter the defense as well, when we get everyone in involved. 

Not only does that keep the other team chasing the ball, it allows the players in the game to stay more engaged on every position because they have too.

1 hour ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Agreed!  JC got to feel some type of way though?

If the Hawks have been upfront with him as they were with Huerter, I see no reason for him to be and it seems to be the case by him hanging out with his teammates at SL.

Atlanta told me at the end of last year, 'It's not like we're looking to move you, but for anybody on our team, we'll listen. If a team offers us the right thing, obviously, everyone's available,' " Huerter said. "They went out and got Murray. I knew they were looking to upgrade their roster and they went out and got him. In some ways, you could kind of feel something was going to be happening.

•  

The NBA content machine has tried to develop every narrative on why Collins is not a good fit in Atlanta - each and every time, it is debunked. One of the more laughable storylines is that Collins clashes with Trae Young. Not only did the two just hug it out in Las Vegas, but they are like peas and carrots on the court. Young dished out 141 assists to Collins last season, making them the 5th-highest combo in the NBA.

2 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Agreed!  JC got to feel some type of way though?

I have always had a 50/50 thought process about players psyche on how they take being dangled for trade bait. 

Some guys take it as just business and some get caught up in their feelings. 

Collins strikes me as a guy that is the middle of that where it has a chance to go either way. Just depends on what his personal goals are now I say. 

If it’s to win and make as much as he can, then I see him being ok now. But they may have a lot of making up to do between now and his next deal.

15 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I have always had a 50/50 thought process about players psyche on how they take being dangled for trade bait. 

Some guys take it as just business and some get caught up in their feelings. 

Collins strikes me as a guy that is the middle of that where it has a chance to go either way. Just depends on what his personal goals are now I say. 

If it’s to win and make as much as he can, then I see him being ok now. But they may have a lot of making up to do between now and his next deal.

I'm sure he's not crazy about it all, but he's been a consummate professional outwardly, at least. He didn't pout when he didn't get an extension done in '20, instead helping the team reach the ECF the next season. I expect he'll continue to be a great teammate. 

9 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Most signs seem to be pointing towards him staying, but I'd take that particular tweet with a grain of salt. The account says they are an "up and coming NBA insider" but they have only 98 followers while the account is 3 years old. Location is also listed as Atlanta, GA so my guess is it's just a fan trying to wish their "source's" report into existence.

Feels like Travis and Landry would need to receive an incredible offer to move Collins at this point, though. 

56 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

If the Hawks have been upfront with him as they were with Huerter, I see no reason for him to be and it seems to be the case by him hanging out with his teammates at SL.

Atlanta told me at the end of last year, 'It's not like we're looking to move you, but for anybody on our team, we'll listen. If a team offers us the right thing, obviously, everyone's available,' " Huerter said. "They went out and got Murray. I knew they were looking to upgrade their roster and they went out and got him. In some ways, you could kind of feel something was going to be happening.

•  

Huerter seems so mature for his age. I remember him having a very level-headed reaction when he signed a team-friendly deal last year, too. 

If he ever learns how to inbound the ball, watch out! 😄

This is actually a couple wins higher for the Hawks than I would have guessed (not that I think it's "too high," just higher than I would have expected). I'm also a little surprised by the Clippers being that high with the injury question marks, but there's no doubt that if they're healthy they are star-laden AND deep. I think the Pistons and Kings are the best bets for the overs, and the Grizzlies the best under bet. Their defensive anchor subject to missing the first 20-30 games recovering from foot surgery is getting overlooked. 

Utah, BKN, LA, and NY are off the board right now while the Mitchell/Kyrie stuff plays out. 

28 minutes ago, Expert Poster said:

Most signs seem to be pointing towards him staying, but I'd take that particular tweet with a grain of salt. The account says they are an "up and coming NBA insider" but they have only 98 followers while the account is 3 years old. Location is also listed as Atlanta, GA so my guess is it's just a fan trying to wish their "source's" report into existence.

Pat Benson who writes for SI.com is the original author...ripped him off.

1 hour ago, Expert Poster said:

Feels like Travis and Landry would need to receive an incredible offer to move Collins at this point, though. 

Agreed!  I have been so wary of these JC tweets.  Unless it’s Woj or Sham I totally skeptical.

1 hour ago, Expert Poster said:

I'm sure he's not crazy about it all, but he's been a consummate professional outwardly, at least. He didn't pout when he didn't get an extension done in '20, instead helping the team reach the ECF the next season. I expect he'll continue to be a great teammate. 

I’m just glad they already have a deal in place allowing time for some of the wounds to heal.

• 2 weeks later...