Hindsight post

With all of the movement within the first round last night, one would think there was some interest by other teams to strike a deal for the 8th pick? Was TF that dead set on London that he possibly nixed deals that could've helped this team obtain more draft picks? I admit that after Thibs & Ikky were both off the board, I wanted us to trade out of 8. 

Just now, Frank_The_Tank said:

With all of the movement within the first round last night, one would think there was some interest by other teams to strike a deal for the 8th pick? Was TF that dead set on London that he possibly nixed deals that could've helped this team obtain more draft picks? I admit that after Thibs & Ikky were both off the board, I wanted us to trade out of 8. 

Maybe the Taints wanted London and that’s why they traded up to 11 for a WR. Maybe TF playing chess not checkersmad the odd couple GIF by CBS 

9 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

What I inferred from their pc was that teams interested in trading up didn't feel the need to get up higher than the teens to get their guy. i.e., no deal to be done

that and TF didn't like the compensation being offered and wasn't a close call.

3 minutes ago, Frank_The_Tank said:

There was a line in The Athletic article from Josh Kendall this morning that TF said there were calls about trading out of the 8th pick, but they didn't consider them serious. My take on the "not serious" would be that they didn't blow them away with their offers. 

3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

If he is the top player in a position of need on your board you take him every time. Trading out might get you the 3rd or 4th best player in that position. Why bother?

He certainly was my top wide out, but for personal preferences had zero inclination this team was doing  WR  when I see blow outs on the field  per trench play.

I mean how could I ... from my computer... be wrong? 

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

If he is the top player in a position of need on your board you take him every time. Trading out might get you the 3rd or 4th best player in that position. Why bother?

There were at least two other wr's on the board that were just as good imho.  We had other options.   Jameson Williams who went 12 and Garrett Wilson that went 10.  But we took the guy with the broken wing. (Same ole' Falcon gamble). Two major players that have not played since being injured.  Talk about risky.

JJ was also available... so he went 26th... he was still there at 8 and was a big need.  Those that all of a sudden toss the "he went 26" excuse are blowing smoke.

Tonight lets see how they do.  Remember this is their second draft here.  They have no excuses this year.  They are not nailing it.....yet.

:munch: