NFL.com Mock--Ojabo, Mafe, Ridder, Cross (s) are on the board at 43. Who you got?

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-draft-day-2-mock-qbs-malik-willis-desmond-ridder-and-matt-corral-all-go

Falcons have their choice of Ojabo, Mafe, Ridder, and Cross (He's a physical safety who can play high or low with a bit more size that the more talked about Jalen Pitre). Who would you want in this scenario? Link to all the full round 2 mock above. 

I like Ojabo out of this group. I think we are a team that doesn't have any reason to rush him back from the injury. If all we get is a shake down run form him late in the season, I'm good with it. I would not be at all sad to take Cross either. I have any reason not to like Ridder...I just don't like him. Its a gut thing. 

Note: They have the Falcons taking Corral at 58? At that point Pitre, Clemons (T A&M Edge) and Goedeke (IOL C. Mich.) are available. 

Seems like they have some of these guys staying around longer than I think they will, but with all the talent to be had, anyone could slip a few spots. Second and third rounds seem deep enough to justify a new need reaches. 

• falcndave changed the title to NFL.com Mock--Ojabo, Mafe, Ridder, Cross (s) are on the board at 43. Who you got?
1 minute ago, Romfal said:

Mafe and its not close

No reason to argue with you. I think Ojabo has the better natural talent, but that is arguable. If you want a guy to contribute now, I'd agree Mafe is the guy on the edge.

Just now, Spongebob said:

Taking injured players on the draft never works out well. I would've taken ojabo at 8 workout the injury. Feel bag for him

I certainly get it.

My justification is that we are not building for now, we are building for a couple of years down the road. I'm less concerned about achilles recovery if the player isn't being rehabbed on a timeline that is being condensed for competitive reasons.  

8 minutes ago, falcndave said:

No reason to argue with you. I think Ojabo has the better natural talent, but that is arguable. If you want a guy to contribute now, I'd agree Mafe is the guy on the edge.

Ojabo may never get back to what he could have been, achilles is no joke...I don't deny his talent but the medical risk is too much for me in the top 100 picks.

3 minutes ago, Spongebob said:

We need beef to push the Los in the other direction. Whoever can do that, draft him

This particular mock had Travis Jones and Logan Hall going 1 and 2 in the second round. Those guys are probably the only interior defensive linemen with 2nd round stuff. 

4 minutes ago, Romfal said:

Ojabo may never get back to what he could have been, achilles is no joke...I don't deny his talent but the medical risk is too much for me in the top 100 picks.

Achilles injuries are not what it was years ago. Yes, the recovery is long but you can definitely get back the normal. Kevin Durant. Kobe. Also, I am speaking from experience as I tore my achilles twice and came back fast and stronger (CrossFit).

1 minute ago, Artys Arryn said:

I gotta go with Ojabo in that situation. But I understand if the FO goes with Mafe. 

One thing to consider, Mafe is already 23 and will be 24 this year. Ojabo is just 21 and will be 22 next month. 

The age factor is definitely important, but Achilles injuries really can end careers. We just cannot draft Ojabo and expect him to be the same guy.

11 minutes ago, Romfal said:

Yeah, there's a linebacker I really dig, Damone Clark. But he just had spinal surgery. They're saying he'll miss a year but make a full recovery. I'm thinking, "How could anyone possibly know that?"

11 minutes ago, Romfal said:

5 minutes ago, Atlanta_Dawgs46 said:

Achilles injuries are not what it was years ago. Yes, the recovery is long but you can definitely get back the normal. Kevin Durant. Kobe. Also, I am speaking from experience as I tore my achilles twice and came back fast and stronger (CrossFit).

Not to mention Cam Akers last season. Tore Achilles before the season and was back to make an impact in the playoffs

30 minutes ago, falcndave said:

I agree that Ojabo has better talent, but achilles injuries are no joke. 4 years on rookie contract and at least one is wiped out

4 minutes ago, Atlanta_Dawgs46 said:

Kevin Durant....quite an impact.

I won as many playoff games this year as he did.

All joking aside, let me commend you for recovering so well from an Achilles injury. That's serious stuff. But I still don't want someone fighting 300 pound behemoths for a living to have suffered that particular injury.