Do we need to start a Grady Jarrett traded to the

3 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I saw someone had posted us trading Grady for Baker Mayfield. Almost threw up.

The more I think about it the less okay I am with trading Grady. Unless we get a sweet deal (talking first round or some 2nds) we have to have him on the line. We literally have no one else. 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Imagine freeing up that money by trading Grady only to throw it all at Mayfield then have to re work other contracts to free up money to sign the draft class. Just dumb

I just don't think Mayfield is a good fit for ATL. He needs a Favre/Green Bay situation, or some chaotic ****show like the Raiders used to be. 

3 minutes ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

I just don't think Mayfield is a good fit for ATL. He needs a Favre/Green Bay situation, or some chaotic ****show like the Raiders used to be. 

Baker would welcome it because he won't have to worry about the home crowd booing him off the field. 

Honestly Baker wouldn't even be a draw for Atlanta fans within the city

14 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I saw someone had posted us trading Grady for Baker Mayfield. Almost threw up.

I'd rather Baker than trading up to get Ridder or Willis to be honest, and I really would not like getting Baker.

I’d trade Jarret for the chance at Ebikitie if it doesn’t cost us one of our other picks. If we had three seconds there are a ton of good players we could get this round. 

pass rush, running back, quarter back, and then the dream would be to get Ojabo in the third.

5 minutes ago, poutlipper said:

Jarrett is leaving after this year, might as well get what you can. 

^^^^this.

I don't see the Falcons franchising Grady and it feels like the divorce is imminent.    If we could get a 2nd rounder for Grady today and maybe like a 4th next year - I would make that deal.   Falcons have two 2nd rounders tonight and if they plan on burning one on a QB that likely won't be special - I would like to have an extra 2nd rounder tonight - really want two position players tonight and not a QB.

24 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Baker would welcome it because he won't have to worry about the home crowd booing him off the field. 

Honestly Baker wouldn't even be a draw for Atlanta fans within the city

He would if he won.

This time last year he was the toast of Cleveland.

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

That's just my point. Atlanta is a fair weather city. UGA over everything. Braves and Hawks then Falcons 

But is really any different than any other city??

When your team loses the quarterback often catches the brunt of the criticism whether it is truly warranted or not....that isn't just an Atlanta thing.