I appreciate the moderators allowing me and others to be critical of the Falcons

I felt it was necessary to show my appreciation to the mods for allowing me and others to criticize the Falcons without being seen as trolling or being overtly negatives.  @ya_boi_j @JD dirtybird21 and any mods I left out.  Let me start by saying that I'm VERY hard on the Falcons because I've been pulling for them since around 1974.  I'm still upset with my dad for not buying me a Atlanta Falcons starter jacket at Kmart during that time period. lol.  Anyway, back to my point.  I've REALLY unloaded on the Falcons the last two seasons.  I've been put on time out for getting into "instigative behavior" with folks on the board, but I know it was more me defending myself than anything.  I'm NOT always right in my opinions.  I've just wanted a place where I can vent my feelings about the team without being looked at as trolling or overtly negative.  The mods have allowed me and others to vent without recourse and I appreciate it.    Finally,  I vent hard because i DO CARE about the Falcons.  1974 is a long time to pull for a team without a championship to show for it.  Its why I go hard at how the team is being built.  I don't agree with the last two years especially.  Does it mean I'm right? No.  I just appreciate the opportunity to tell my side and I know others do to.   Peeeeeace!!!

FALCON FAN SINCE 1974

Original since 1974 - Born in 1974 - Original Since 1974 Born In 1974 -  Sticker | TeePublic

5 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

I felt it was necessary to show my appreciation to the mods for allowing me and others to criticize the Falcons without being seen as trolling or being overtly negatives.  @ya_boi_j @JD dirtybird21 and any mods I left out.  Let me start by saying that I'm VERY hard on the Falcons because I've been pulling for them since around 1974.  I'm still upset with my dad for not buying me a Atlanta Falcons starter jacket at Kmart during that time period. lol.  Anyway, back to my point.  I've REALLY unloaded on the Falcons the last two seasons.  I've been put on time out for getting into "instigative behavior" with folks on the board, but I know it was more me defending myself than anything.  I'm NOT always right in my opinions.  I've just wanted a place where I can vent my feelings about the team without being looked at as trolling or overtly negative.  The mods have allowed me and others to vent without recourse and I appreciate it.    Finally,  I vent hard because i DO CARE about the Falcons.  1974 is a long time to pull for a team without a championship to show for it.  Its why I go hard at how the team is being built.  I don't agree with the last two years especially.  Does it mean I'm right? No.  I just appreciate the opportunity to tell my side and I know others do to.   Peeeeeace!!!

FALCON FAN SINCE 1974

Original since 1974 - Born in 1974 - Original Since 1974 Born In 1974 -  Sticker | TeePublic

Bro....where was that K-Mart?  Because I never recall seeing any Falcons gear in a K-Mart, and I grew up in that era.

Just now, ShoNuff said:

Bro....where was that K-Mart?  Because I never recall seeing any Falcons gear in a K-Mart, and I grew up in that era.

Carrollton.  The only thing I'm clear about is it was Kmart and it was a white "varsity type" jacket with red on the sleeves.  For a kid, knock off or not, it was nice.  There was no walmart.  I don't remember any other type of big box store.

4 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

😀 Nah brah.  We good.  I'm TRYING to reign myself in. lol

So let me explain, at least from my point of view from this past year. We don't have an issue with criticism of the team. We do it ourselves, just amongst ourselves because we can handle that conversation. There's a belief that I'm a Ryan Knight. @JD dirtybird21 can confirm that's far from truth 😂

The issue that comes up is the emotions get entirely too high and people can't control the emotions. Also trolling. When you're posting for the sake of posting to piss people off, yeah.......

That said, as long as it's healthy, criticize away. We all have our own separate approach

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

So let me explain, at least from my point of view from this past year. We don't have an issue with criticism of the team. We do it ourselves, just amongst ourselves because we can handle that conversation. There's a belief that I'm a Ryan Knight. @JD dirtybird21 can confirm that's far from truth 😂

The issue that comes up is the emotions get entirely too high and people can't control the emotions. Also trolling. When you're posting for the sake of posting to piss people off, yeah.......

That said, as long as it's healthy, criticize away. We all have our own separate approach

I get that.  Like I said, sometimes I would get sucked into it because of a comment. You are correct though.  Can't let myself get sucked into responding like that.  It was a defensive thing but two wrongs don't make a right.

1 minute ago, Spts1 said:

Carrollton.  The only thing I'm clear about is it was Kmart and it was a white "varsity type" jacket with red on the sleeves.  For a kid, knock off or not, it was nice.  There was no walmart.  I don't remember any other type of big box store.

Wow...interesting there.....and VERY cool too!  I grew up in S.E. Atlanta.  And the nearby K-Mart did not have items like that.  You had to go to a mall to get items like that. Sorry you did not get that jacket....

2 minutes ago, ShoNuff said:

Wow...interesting there.....and VERY cool too!  I grew up in S.E. Atlanta.  And the nearby K-Mart did not have items like that.  You had to go to a mall to get items like that. Sorry you did not get that jacket....

Thanks. Its all good. I been meaning to get a Falcon starter jacket like the one I saw,  just to close that door.  lol  In fact, gonna go price one today online.

12 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

I got that jacket for Christmas in seventh grade!  Sears catalog!

3 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I got that jacket for Christmas in seventh grade!  Sears catalog!

Sears catalog?  You DO go back.  The jacket I saw might have been a knock off.  I'm just pretty sure it was Kmart.  I don't remember any other big box store retailer in that area back during that time.  I'm gonna go look for one today online.

I know that jacket!  My dad didn’t get me one but my grandma hand knit a Falcons logo toboggan when I was about 10 and I still have it!  Fan since 72. And we have only had 17 seasons .500 or better since 1966. So it’s perfectly understandable that we fans are demanding and critical. Sometimes the mods need to sweetly remind me not be excessively mean, I get it.  You should (or shouldn't) see before I edit 😂 

Save the hate for the Saints!

Well you're entitled to your opinions and assessments as you see it as long as it follows the rules and guidelines of the forum here.

The problem sometimes is... since it's the nature of the internet forum you run into ones who like to start arguments or think they're expert and ... you  know what happen. It ain't worth it giving those any attentions. It's a waste of times. But the moderator will appreciate your participation as long as it follows the rules, guidelines and spirits of this Falcons message board.

I think it is always good to give established posters more leeway which many good moderators do someone who has a lot of posts on the site is very unlikely to be a troll as it is not worth getting banned from a the site with an established accounts

many people are mature enough to respect some people have a difference of an opinion.

5 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Sears catalog?  You DO go back.  The jacket I saw might have been a knock off.  I'm just pretty sure it was Kmart.  I don't remember any other big box store retailer in that area back during that time.  I'm gonna go look for one today online.

Been a Falcons fan Since @ 72.  I am old.  🤣

1 minute ago, Brehus said:

I think it is always good to give established posters more leeway which many good moderators do someone who has a lot of posts on the site is very unlikely to be a troll as it is not worth getting banned from a the site with an established accounts

many people are mature enough to respect some people have a difference of an opinion.

You gotta come around more often