The Ravens front office

Akod2017

I’ve been a broken record since last fall regarding Hamilton and Linderbaum. I see them as the highest probability of having surplus value on their rookie deals. Plug and play. The Ravens did exactly what I wished we could have done with Ridley. Even went mock draft simulator mode trading down from 23 to 25 and still snagged their guy. The Ravens already had a solid safety group with the signing of Williams to go with Clark. Yet they still draft Hamilton and will absolutely have all 3 on the field regularly. DeCosta will take some licks this spring not going after a WR instead of Hamilton and Johnson instead of Linderbaum but he will be vindicated in the fall. He didn’t panic with the market after trading Brown and having his QB sound off. He still has a second rounder, 2 third rounders, and 5 fourth rounders. Heck he has enough capital to address WR in the second AND move up for a value guy like Dean or Ojabo. 

Impressive organization with Ozzie grooming his successor and an owner that knows his place. 

16 minutes ago, Foo Falcons said:

Teams like Baltimore, Tennessee, Kansas City, even the Jets showed how good front offices work. Hope Fontenot takes notes

Don't forget the Giants, their new GM knocked it out of the park last night with Thibs and Neal falling in their laps. They didn't overthink it and do something stupid.

6 minutes ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

Don't forget the Giants, their new GM knocked it out of the park last night with Thibs and Neal falling in their laps. They didn't overthink it and do something stupid.

Conversely, GB did not knock it out of the park. How they sat there and let the run of WR's happen without moving up blows my mind.

1 minute ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Conversely, GB did not knock it out of the park. How they sat there and let the run of WR's happen without moving up blows my mind.

There are still plenty of good WR's left on the boards. This is a very deep draft for WR, which is why so many were pissed about our pick.

2 minutes ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

There are still plenty of good WR's left on the boards. This is a very deep draft for WR, which is why so many were pissed about our pick.

I wanted Pickens second round. I love that his injury timing has his production as a distant memory. It sounds ridiculous but I think he would have gone higher had he been hurt in the playoff assuming he produced as usual.

And of course they get Ojabo without making any impulsive trades up. I’ve had to watch the falcons front office for so long I get anxiety if a trade up doesn’t occur. 

Took Travis Jones in the 3rd who many on this board would have been thrilled with in the early 2nd.

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2022 at 9:57 AM, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

I think teams with multiple firsts often look like winners in the draft.  It really depends on how the players pan out.  Thibs and Neal have obvious talent but there are more variables than that that go one to determine success.